Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread)

/ Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread)
I love my kubota zd21, it's virtually flawless. 60" deck, 3 blade, 21hp diesel, extremely smooth hydraulic movement. Well built machine, the only thing that I wish it had was suspension on the rear wheels. The area I mow is bumpy, I have a 1000lb roller that I roll with, but I still can't hit top speed with the mower for fear of breaking an axle. I know where most of the holes are and where the smooth spots are, but a bit of suspension would be nice.
very nice, and a solid Kubota engine.
huge mower deck :)
i'm sure that it is very useful

/ Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #12  
The wider they are the more apt they are to scalp on hilly terrain. My 6 foot finish mower was fine on my fields but wrecked my hilly yard…

Danica - that makes complete sense. I think the 50 inch mower deck will be fine on this property, I don't think that I'd go much bigger even if I was buying New.

/ Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #14  
I have that mower's little brother. We are an 18 acre horse farm with mostly open areas that the bush hog still works well on. I prefer the zero turn. Originally bought for the yard, it has now taken over a lot of the mowing duties. Had I known that was going to happen I would have bought a bigger deck, but that is a different issue.

When you say high grass how high? The mower deck can be set at 4.5 inches high. I think I can comfortably mow grass 6/7 inches high. Higher than that and the output chute clogs. Wet grass causes it to clog as well. So I cannot mow in the morning when there is heavy dew on the ground. This sometimes causes me to use the bush hog just because that is the time I have to get the job done.

The zero turn is easily 1.5 times faster than the hog. I have a 46 inch deck and a 5 foot bush hog. so you math will be different as your deck is bigger and I do not know the size of your hog.

Ultimately I love my Cub Cadet.

I will be checking on the fabrication progress today. Excited to get it home in the next week or two.

ANY mowing, at any height, will be better than my current options. No wide open areas here anymore, because the few that were on the property are now compromised by (ill placed) fencing. Long story - I don't have much say around here it seems. Wife will be happy for a well maintained property.

I'm hoping this purchase wins me brownie points :) because I still want the Sea Cans to set up shop - :) :) :)
Bucket List

/ Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #16  
I will be checking on the fabrication progress today. Excited to get it home in the next week or two.

ANY mowing, at any height, will be better than my current options. No wide open areas here anymore, because the few that were on the property are now compromised by (ill placed) fencing. Long story - I don't have much say around here it seems. Wife will be happy for a well maintained property.

I'm hoping this purchase wins me brownie points :) because I still want the Sea Cans to set up shop - :) :) :)
Bucket List
If your wife is a horse owner (mine is), and especially if you have the horses at home, you have very little say over anything.

"My" shop and barn is now full of hay and horse feed.

my cub cadet zero-turn mower arrived tonight. 2012 Cub Cadet RZT S 50 25 hp, 50 inch mower deck, 3 blades. approx 300 hrs. Turf tires. About 4 months delayed, long story. The fabrication will be finished in the Spring. Good to finally have it on the property though.
(internet image, it was dark)
1664854340802.png