RE-POSTED : Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread)

/ RE-POSTED : Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Good Morning,

Having taken a look at the yard, after weeks of rain, I have a bit of catching up to do.
Given the unexpected horse fencing and other obstacles that have surfaced on the yard since I bought the Kubota BX23S and Land Pride rotary cutter mower, there is now no practical way to maintain the mowing, radiuses are too tight etc.
I need a ride-on mower (open deck, or pedestal style steering) that is easy for me to climb on / off.
I am now giving some serious thought on a used Cub Cadet RZT-S 50 zero turn. It is at the local agri repair place, and personally owned by the business owner. I believe that it is a 2016 model, 23 hp, with 300 hrs approx, 50 inch 3 blade mower deck, no taxes (personal sale). I saw it yesterday (while looking for other types), and I think it can work. He is willing to customize any fabricating for me if needed. He is asking $3000 Cdn, and I think that is reasonable given that the new models are about $7500 - $8000.

My yard is NOT a golf course
My yard is not landscaped evenly - so the machine would get a workout :)
My intended budget was much less (for something completely different)

Is this model capable of uneven, rough spaces, tall grass etc - would love some advice. I am tired of not being able to get the job done, due to circumstances that I do not control.

cheers

cheers,

scaredychicken
Quote Reply
Report Edit

/ RE-POSTED : Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #2  
Rotary cutters are great for open areas but, not so good when mowing around obstacles and trees.

I don’t see any reason why the ZTR you’re considering wouldn’t work to mow your property assuming it’s in good mechanical condition.

Mike

/ RE-POSTED : Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread)
Thanks Rdrcr.

After a lot of thought, chats with the owner / agri business, fabrication considerations etc, we made a deal. I will have it it a week or two. Deposit given. Hired my neighbour to cut our lawn so that it is manageable in the meantime. I think the zero turn will be very useful over here.

/ RE-POSTED : Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #4  
you will never look back on previous mowers once you own one.

/ RE-POSTED : Zero-Turn Mowers (is there a separate topic, thread) #5  
Hope that model wasn't made by MTD!!!! IF it was I feel for ya buddy!!!! Got stuck with a cc Z-Force 48 and its JUNK!