ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions

/ ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions #11  
Hi Neil
Should really register,but i'm still very basic with computers.
Much prefer Kubotas to computers. I'm learning(slowly).

The PTO speeds are the same for L1501 as well.We had one tractor with a L1501 rear end and L2201 front half. Worked well. We only noticed serial numbers on transmission half was for L1501.But engine and plate on side of flywheel housing was L2201. They are largely the same with an extra cylinder.

Neil, if you can carry the weights in your suitcase, you can take them for free!! They are similar to suitcase weights, but we have'nt profiled the handles into them. They also have an intricate centre to suit all models we import, Some have wider sections across the front.

We have been really busy. Our website is a real bonus. People come in with downloaded pricelists, well up to speed on what we do.Sold another 2 X 4 in 1 loaders yesterday.
please come and visit if you are in Sydney.

CHS, if your only problem with L2201 is small rust spots you are indeed fortunate.Most imports these days need a full respray. Very rarely do we let one go without a paintjob. And I think the other importers are finding the same.

Wheel spacing is a bit of a problem with L series. They tend to be narrower than we would like. We have tried 2 methods.
The first was to set the wheels on wider setting with some machined hubs behind. This gained about 75mm per side at AUD 300 per side.We used longer bolts to go through both spacer and wheel to attach to the hub.

The second (cheaper method) way we used again today. We ground the welded hub out of the wheelrim and repositioned and rewelded the hub near the side of the rim. This also gains about 70 mm per side at about half the price.We first did this to one of our customers units,who also happened to be an engineer, and the results 9 months later look good.

Some people have suggested doubling up on the rear wheel, but I'm not sure about joining the wheels properly Maybe we'll try this later.

Oh yeah, we also suppplied a few with proper turf tyres, using
very wide 13.6X 16 rear tyres at great expense. But works really well ,especially with water in rear tyres when a loader is fitted.

Other than reversing the wheels, there are no other settings on the standard setup.Looking at your pics, you already have the wheels at the widest standard setting.

The ROPS we buy in from a supplier on the north coast of NSW who has certified Aust. Standard rollframes. But they are the same attachment as L245 , which may be easier to obtain locally.

BillK

/ ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions #12  
Bill

Oops - I am off to Melbourne - [censored]

I have my wheels reversed outwards, the only adjustment I could see.

I tried a ROPS from Bareco (Too tight to pay your freight) and it was a dud. Wouldn't fit without taking the mudguards off, and then the cross bar at the top's hole didn't line up. Crap.

So one day I must get one of yours????

/ ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions #13  
Those look like new tires? I have a L1500 and I was told I would have a hard time finding tires that would fit. I live I California in the central valley area. What was the cost of the rears?

/ ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions
coleman, the tires were on it when I got it, and yes, there appears to be quite a bit of life left in them. I haven't looked around for tires at any of the local places. Have you checked the sites on the 'net that specialize in tractor tires?

/ ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions #15  
Tires for grey Kubota L1500 and most other earlier models are 8.3 X 22 on the rear. This size is not stocked in Australia and I expect may be difficult to obtain even in the US as few tractors other than grey, use them.

We get by ,converting a few tractors to turf tires at high prices , which leaves us some original (usually good ) rear tires. We also include some new tires from Japan in our regular containers, but prices in Japan are not cheap.

Apparently some tires are made in China or Vietnam of this size, but we don't really have the demand to chase better suppliers. The last pair of new rears have been on our shelves for 6 months.

BillK
Diesel Traders

/ ZEN-NOH ZL2201 pictures and questions #16  
The tires that came on my grey yanmar were very similar...the rubber looked a bit aged ( tractor was from 1979 )...but the tread was probably 95%... those thick rubber cleats just last and last.

There is a neighbor down the street with an 8n.. with original rear tires on it... the cleats are just nubs now.. andthe fronts have been changed out to what look like car tires.... but those spade stile rear ag tires must be monsters...

Soundguy