YT359C hydraulic filter questions

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions #1  

Ffphil

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT359C
I have a YT359 bought the maintenance kit. The kit comes with one hydraulic filter which looks like the "In Line Filter" from the manual that runs from the rear of the machine to the front. There is another filter that runs from the right side to the left which the book calls the "Transmission Filter". Are these the same filter or are they different sizes? And why aren't both in the kit?

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions #2  
As I remember when I did a hydraulic fluid change the filters are slightly different. I had to specify all the filters when I ordered from the dealer. I have puzzled over why they use two filters instead of one big one. My filters were a hassle to remove. I actually ended up destroying one of them so I could turn it. The location is very awkward for the use of any band type of filter wrench. Punched a hole in the filter (after draining the fluid from the tranny) and used a huge screwdriver to start turning it. Let me know if you need the PN for the filters and I can go look at the box ends I saved for a later purchase.

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions
I would really appreciate the filter numbers you have. I called dealer and ordered two and they sent me the inline filters I already had.

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions #4  
I looked up pictures of the kit on ebay. The two hydraulic filters should be the black ones with rounded edges.

yanmar_filters.JPG

The steering and transmission pumps are separate, hence two filters, and yes they are different sizes. Locate the two filters on your tractor and compare.

I'm surprised you don't see the filter numbers in your manual, my LX manual lists them. I don't know if they are the same filters for your YT, however.

I was unable to find the filter number in the manual in the service area. I will check to see if it is listed in another area.

The kit I received didn't come with all of those filters. The small black one I got was a fuel filter just above the water separator filter.

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions #7  
I saved the box ends when I did my transmission / steering fluid changes.
Filter Hydraulic #198535-48080
Cartridge Assy. #1A7180-48210
These are both black and are mounted under the frame below the floor board and seat.
I am looking for alternatives from Baldwin and or Wix to see if they can be found outside the dealer network...probably cheaper.

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions #8  
My dealer had the maintenance kit on sale in the fall so I bought one to do my 50 hour service. I wasn't too keen on seeing 15W-40 in the box but I figured I'd run it until winter of 2019-20 and switch over to 5W-40. I saw the other filter underneath the tractor when I was changing the hydraulic filter. Does Yanmar recommend changing the power steering filter ? I don't see anything about it in my owners manual.

/ YT359C hydraulic filter questions #9  
Yes, change both filters when you change the hydraulic fluid. Both filters get their fluid from the same sump, so you risk contaminating the fresh oil if you leave on a dirty filter.

Ah, so the filter next to the transmission filter under the foot plate is the power steering filter?