YT radio wiring

/ YT radio wiring #1  

wileythedog

Tractor
Kubota ZD1211; Yanmar YT359C; Yanmar Vio17; Yanmar Brahma
Anyone know / have the wiring diagram for the radio on a YT Cab tractor (YT359C specifically). It has 8 wires coming out of the connector:

Red: assume 12v
Red/blue: R or L speaker (+)??
Blue/red: R or L speaker (+)??
Black: assume ground
Yellow: ??
Blue: R or L speaker (-) ??
Green: R or L speaker (-)??
Orange: could be clock/memory ??

Going to put in a radio and just want to make sure I wire it up correctly. Any help is appreciated! I can get a connector that will fit (ebay), but not specific to yanmar, so need to make sure I have the wires correct on the Yanmar side.

Also, anyone put in a rear view cab mirror? What did you put in?

Thanks!

/ YT radio wiring
Anyone know / have the wiring diagram for the radio on a YT Cab tractor (YT359C specifically). It has 8 wires coming out of the connector:

Red: assume 12v
Red/blue: R or L speaker (+)??
Blue/red: R or L speaker (+)??
Black: assume ground
Yellow: ??
Blue: R or L speaker (-) ??
Green: R or L speaker (-)??
Orange: could be clock/memory ??

Going to put in a radio and just want to make sure I wire it up correctly. Any help is appreciated! I can get a connector that will fit (ebay), but not specific to yanmar, so need to make sure I have the wires correct on the Yanmar side.

Also, anyone put in a rear view cab mirror? What did you put in?

Thanks!
OK, if anyone is interested..did a little meter testing and used a neat little trick with a 9 volt to determine speaker wire polarity, here is what I have:

Red: 12v, comes on with ignition
Red/blue: Constant 12v, always on
Blue/red: Dimmer, 12v when lights turn on
Black: Ground
Yellow: Left speaker positive
Blue: Left speaker negative
Green: Right speaker positive
Orange: Right speaker negative

You can order a cheap/functional radio here (what I am getting):

I am also getting an antenna extension because there is not enough slack in the existing wire:

I ordered the wire adapter here, but a bit pricey...I was hoping it would come with wiring instructions, but at this point, not needed as I figured it out:
For my model YT359C, it is part number 512997.....there is a different one listed for the YT359....but after visually confirming, it would not fit. My model year is 2017, I need part number 512997

If you want to go cheaper, you can buy one off ebay....looks like this would fit, just need to modify the wire outputs as it has an extra one that is not needed:

That should do it...I'll let you know after I get everything installed!

Anyone have any info on the in cab rearview mirror? Not necessary, just thought I'd put one in if I can source a reasonably priced one.......

Last edited:
   / YT radio wiring
Follow up, finished the install, hardest part was the bezel. The hole was larger than the radio install din, so I welded a couple pieces of metal to the install sleeve and spray painted black. That worked. Sound is fine for what it is. If anyone does this, buy the ebay adapter....it is the same as what I got but for much less. My wires were all correct (right speaker had wires reversed, but that is a Yanmar install issue...you may want to verify your speaker polarity as well). I did not use the illuminator 12v (Blue/red) wire as the radio I bought did not need it. Was a fun project and at least now my phone will take calls through the radio.
20211230_085719.jpg

Attachments

• 20211230_085705.jpg
    20211230_085705.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
   / YT radio wiring #4  
Great overview, thanks. I did not get my YT with a radio so I put my cell in the right hand side trinket holder, put in buds and go work in the field. Did you not get a rear view mirror on your original purchase? My 2017 came with one.

/ YT radio wiring
Thanks. I bought the tractor used. It has the side mirrors; I want to add an in cab one. Will probably order from my dealer, just have not gotten to it yet.

/ YT radio wiring #6  
Thanks for the write up! How is speaker/sound quality with the presumed factory mounted speakers? Happen to know what size they are?

/ YT radio wiring
sound is OK, very little bass. One had a wire sandwiched between it and the roof apparently when installed, causing all sorts of distortion...got that fixed. Not sure the exact size, they are small and round. It works for my purposes, just loud enough while I am working the tractor...but not so loud I can't hear the engine and equipment as I work...which I want so I can note any changes that need attention.