Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,071  
The day I brought home the new tractor, and some attachments...

The Trailer is @ 1900lbs and the tractor is 4000lbs Add in a boxblade, forks, and a tiller - figure maybe 7000 lbs

2007 Dodge Diesel - The last 5.9l year - none of that re-injected soot into the intake junk on this truck...
View attachment 426736

Good looking combination... also nice to green grass coming from brown California!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,072  
The day I brought home the new tractor, and some attachments...

The Trailer is @ 1900lbs and the tractor is 4000lbs Add in a boxblade, forks, and a tiller - figure maybe 7000 lbs

2007 Dodge Diesel - The last 5.9l year - none of that re-injected soot into the intake junk on this truck...
View attachment 426736

Good looking combination... also nice to green grass coming from brown California!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,073  
The day I brought home the new tractor, and some attachments... The Trailer is @ 1900lbs and the tractor is 4000lbs Add in a boxblade, forks, and a tiller - figure maybe 7000 lbs 2007 Dodge Diesel - The last 5.9l year - none of that re-injected soot into the intake junk on this truck... >

Good looking load.

Your truck is the same color combo as my dads 08. I have a pre 07.5 also that has been a great truck, the only maintenance it has needed has been a set of front brakes and front axel u-joints, not bad for a little over eight years old. Every time I think about trading for a new one I keep thinking how reliable this one has been and decide to keep it.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,074  
Almost forgot a picture. This is all I have on my iPad, sorry the trailer isn't hooked up.

Attachments

• image-2052510583.jpg
    image-2052510583.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 195
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,075  
Good looking load.

I have a pre 07.5 also that has been a great truck, the only maintenance it has needed has been a set of front brakes and front axel u-joints, not bad for a little over eight years old. Every time I think about trading for a new one I keep thinking how reliable this one has been and decide to keep it.

Yea - I tried an 08 with the Blue Tech all the emissions, but not the Fluid, and within 10K miles - I had Dodge buy it back under the lemon laws. 3 turbos in 10K miles. I was told I was not driving/working the truck hard enough. After the first turbo I literally drove the truck as if I had stolen it, the pedal had two positions not applied and fully applied... still lost 2 more turbos and Dodge actually did buy it back. As far as I am concerned the 2007 is the last new truck I will ever buy. It will be way cheaper to do an in-frame re-build than to get another full emissions truck. Hope not to hijack this thread.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,076  
Good looking load.

I have a pre 07.5 also that has been a great truck, the only maintenance it has needed has been a set of front brakes and front axel u-joints, not bad for a little over eight years old. Every time I think about trading for a new one I keep thinking how reliable this one has been and decide to keep it.

Yea - I tried an 08 with the Blue Tech all the emissions, but not the Fluid, and within 10K miles - I had Dodge buy it back under the lemon laws. 3 turbos in 10K miles. I was told I was not driving/working the truck hard enough. After the first turbo I literally drove the truck as if I had stolen it, the pedal had two positions not applied and fully applied... still lost 2 more turbos and Dodge actually did buy it back. As far as I am concerned the 2007 is the last new truck I will ever buy. It will be way cheaper to do an in-frame re-build than to get another full emissions truck. Hope not to hijack this thread.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,077  
I've restored a lot of cars... mechanics can always be rebuilt... sheet metal and frame components can too... although the cost can be prohibitive for the latter.

I've got a 96 F150 4wd SuperCab that is super clean, straight and runs like a champ... big 6 with 5spd and even the original paint is good right down to inside the bed... it was bought for someone as a retirement gift to themselves for hunting and fishing trips.

The darn check engine light will come on every couple of weeks... throws a lean code... mass air flow and other sensors have been replaced prior to my purchase... $600 was spent on parts to get it to pass before I got it...

If the problem can't be fixed the vehicle is worth scrap... same issue on a 95 or older wouldn't be a problem... no OBDII

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,078  
ultrarunner

That issue would not cause it to be scrap in a lesser populated area. Where I live there is no inspection and no emissions, so trucks like yours can still be worked for many years. Might be worth it to you to sell that out of your state.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,079  
I guess it's another case of California living...

We must emission test 1976 and newer... testing and finding emission parts for 40 year old vehicles can be challenging.

I have a rust free BMW 2002 that is in smog **** right now... runs like a champ... had it been manufactured 3 months earlier it would be worth double simply because it would be smog exempt.

Just something to think about...

Diesel and Heavy Duty Trucks have different standards... some worse and some more lenient.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,080  

My dads 08 has been very good, I think he is right around 100k miles and it has only been back to the dealer for one recall. He has done brakes (front and rear), a front axle u-joint, and the output oil seal on the transfer case. It has been good and is why I'm not worried about buying a new one....if it wasn't for the high payment.