Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,491  
Why i never need to run generator exercises……power is out again. This time localized to 31 lucky customers.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,492  
Why i never need to run generator exercises……power is out again. This time localized to 31 lucky customers.
Still out g, or back up ?

You were turning work away years back, so it's not like you need the Utility to help you market generators !

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,493  
was out for 3 hours. i do not install any longer, but i still do generac warranty repairs and general generator service. I just replaced a starter on one new generator this afternoon, and a fuel demand regulator on an older unit later today.

dont know how to retire

#6,494  
was out for 3 hours. i do not install any longer, but i still do generac warranty repairs and general generator service. I just replaced a starter on one new generator this afternoon, and a fuel demand regulator on an older unit later today.

dont know how to retire
Entropy ensures that these support peripherals often need attention.

Keeps you from Running the Streets, and Getting Into Trouble ! :cool:

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,495  

dont know how to retire
If I knew retirement was going to be this much work, i would have kept working longer.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,496  
my sister's 22kw Generac in Muir Beach CA ran for almost 36 hours.
I just emailed her and reminded her to get her husband to check the oil.
they are not mechanically minded folks at all.
I always stopped mine every 12 hours, but I've never had a Generac use oil. Lucky I guess.

I just wish these generators had temperature gauges, so you could see if they are running hot.

if your oil was getting low, I expect it would be getting hotter. Maybe a high temp oil shutdown would be
more protective than a low oil alarm. Unless the low oil was set at half way?

#6,497  
I always stopped mine every 12 hours, but I've never had a Generac use oil. Lucky I guess.

I just wish these generators had temperature gauges, so you could see if they are running hot.

if your oil was getting low, I expect it would be getting hotter. Maybe a high temp oil shutdown would be
Porsche tried (static) remote oil level detection a while back.... last I heard, that wasn't working out so well, but I'm not a Porsche guy, so may be out of date. Our stuff would be shutting down on low-pressure.... I've banged on before about why a $400 generator has this from the factory, but a $100k vehicle does not... could be better detection on gens, but at least they have something ! :rolleyes:

I know my neighbour has a temperature sensor dipstick on his Harley. Analog needle, and survives Vtwin vibes, but don't know what thread that is..... somebody on here may have an HD and a Generac to compare. Us gearheads would look at a simple gauge like that ^, but many consumers wouldn't glance @ anything but a phone today....

Haven't looked up Muir Beach, but assuming it's coastal (vs. inland), their ambient temp shouldn't be an issue.

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,498  
Porsche tried (static) remote oil level detection a while back.... last I heard, that wasn't working out so well, but I'm not a Porsche guy, so may be out of date. Our stuff would be shutting down on low-pressure.... I've banged on before about why a $400 generator has this from the factory, but a $100k vehicle does not... could be better detection on gens, but at least they have something ! :rolleyes:

I know my neighbour has a temperature sensor dipstick on his Harley. Analog needle, and survives Vtwin vibes, but don't know what thread that is..... somebody on here may have an HD and a Generac to compare. Us gearheads would look at a simple gauge like that ^, but many consumers wouldn't glance @ anything but a phone today....

Haven't looked up Muir Beach, but assuming it's coastal (vs. inland), their ambient temp shouldn't be an issue.

Rgds, D.
she's right on/up from the beach, averages about 60 degrees, complete microclimate, different than "up top"
I think her gen is running their heat pump, don't think they have ever used the a/c part since they moved there.
She says everyone in neighborhood has one, no one likes the noise

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,499  

They have a high engine temp shutdown.

Last edited: