Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,101  
Sharing knowledge is how we all learn :)
Funnily enough the only traction battery experience I have is with lithium chemistries.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,102  
Batteries..... Simple, Right ? :cool: (And, keep in mind we are talking olde school formulations here...)

Good 411 Dean, thanks. Why ? The question that always drives engineering forward..... Interesting distinction in the Max Charge rates....

90 - you've done enough research to likely have come across the source yourself, but Homepower is a good resource for alt nrg systems.

Home Power Magazine | Downloadable Archive | Home

I used to buy their print mag now and then..... hadn't realized that they had stopped publishing. Looks like you can access the entire archive now, just by creating an account.

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,103  
Sharing knowledge is how we all learn :)
Funnily enough the only traction battery experience I have is with lithium chemistries.
And I'm really old school as I don't adopt new technologies until they are proven over time. So I have no personnal experience with Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries. But I do have envy of the charge rates and partial state of charge characterisics they are displaying. Probably be the next battery chemistry I go to for my next set of batteries.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,104  
Hope to pick them up this week, unfortunately there are no buss connectors for the batteries.
I have heavy copper buss bars which I can make temporary connections with but I’d like to find the proper connectors, with the current these batteries can supply improvising long term may not be in my best interest.
Not sure if they use a standard buss connection of one of their own design.
90cummins

#6,105  
Hope to pick them up this week, unfortunately there are no buss connectors for the batteries.
I have heavy copper buss bars which I can make temporary connections with but I’d like to find the proper connectors, with the current these batteries can supply improvising long term may not be in my best interest.
Not sure if they use a standard buss connection of one of their own design.
90cummins
Do they come with 1/2 of that connection on them ?

If so, post up a pic, somebody may be familiar with them.....

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,106  
Do they come with 1/2 of that connection on them ?

If so, post up a pic, somebody may be familiar with them.....

Rgds, D.
Here the are not sure how many I’ll keep. They just have posts.
According to code on top they were made in 2009.
EC0954A5-3068-4714-A82C-A97810FA392D.jpeg

DA69BEDA-0547-4630-8E78-585B5809B849.jpeg

#6,107  
Can't quite tell - do those posts have internal threads 90 ?

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,108  
Living in the shaky isles (Seeing the ground rolling like the ocean is quite something) I like to use flexible conductor jumpers with crimped and heat shrunk lugs. This allows for more ground rock n roll without damage. Lug in direct contact with the post, flat and a spring washer on top. From what I read in the data sheet the posts are M10 internal thread.

#6,110  
In a past-life, i spent a lot of time reading datasheets.... you'd think I could have read that one that was up here :).

Couldn't quite tell (old eyes I'll blame) from the pics, but internal threads was the only thing that made sense.....

Good point about Quake Central living Patrick..... after a big-one, you probably have a long-list of Things Needing Attention.... rebuilding Bus-bars on a critical generator is probably (time-wise) one thing you don't want on that list.

Sounds like ^ you should be consulting out in California (realizing, the whole Pac Rim is affected....) Patrick. I've been in substations here, and am used to solid bus-bars everywhere..... I wonder if they have similar flex-"standards" out in Cali etc......

Rgds, D.