Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,631  
ran 6 of my 8 in December. Busy here now with the greenhouse so generators are getting run one at a time when I get a chance to start one. Gotta put a new shutoff under one of the tanks for sure and its ready again.
IF we get the spring storms , ---- might need to use a couple of them! lol!

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,632  
Fired up the generator in the 5th wheel last night. Had to spin it 4 times I think. It finally caught & ran fine. Hadn't started it since the fall & we have a foot of snow falling today. Wanted to exercise it & make sure it was working if we loose power.
Sounds like it was due for a run. Mice get into everything, but they really seem to like trailer/RV gen cabinets !

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,633  
ran 6 of my 8 in December. Busy here now with the greenhouse so generators are getting run one at a time when I get a chance to start one. Gotta put a new shutoff under one of the tanks for sure and its ready again.
IF we get the spring storms , ---- might need to use a couple of them! lol!
Not sure what comes after Belt+Suspenders, but I like Your Style !

With a big operation though, I can see needing more than just 2 or 3.

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,634  
C;onvert DC 24 Volt to DC 12 volt

DC 24V Step Down to DC 12V 30A 360W DC DC Converter Regulator Waterproof Buck Power Supply Reducer Regulator Transformer Voltage Module for Golf cart Club car $20.99​

1710641833491.png

willy

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,635  
I have an MEP 952-b military 28v 200 amp DC generator with a capacity of 5.6kw.
I would like to load test it without stressing my 4kw inverter. Is there a way to create a device that I can directly connect the dc output to.
A simplistic thought is a long run of heavy gauge cable as a resistance loop.
I’ve though of using an old electric water heater and installing dc heating elements but I would like to keep it simple & cheap if possible.
I’ve never been able to fully load this unit.

90cummins
My go to cheap LV DC load is 8 gauge steel fence wire. If my hurried maths is correct one metre on 28V is about 22kw... Probably a little spicy.

Wind a "spring" around some say 2" water pipe, try to get 20m or so on there. Stretch it out on the concrete so that turns don't short and then tap it with your jumper leads while monitoring the current.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,636  
👍
Great idea & priced right!
Thank you.

I’m currently in shop re-running fuel consumption tests on generators to verify previous data.
So far I have tested identical L70 Yanmar diesel generators one which is direct coupled and one which is belt driven.
Will post data soon.

90cummins