Your experience with Mahidnra pricing?

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing? #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
When I was shopping, I got quotes from most all brands. For some reason, Mahindra came in well above most others by quite a bit.

A few days ago, I got a call from the dealer telling me about special year end pricing. They told me I could now get a eMax 25 HP unit with MMM, BH and FEL for around $22, 500 at 0% for 72 months at $334/mo.

Cash or financed at a higher rate: $20,500 or $331/mo

I bought at around $18,500 or so including a 48" tiller and subsoiler, neither of which were included in the Mahindra quote.

Are they usually so much higher on their quotes?

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing? #2  
This subject came up before as far as the veracity of the fabled "0%". There is simply no such thing as "zero". Prices are already marked up to accommodate 0% financing and not by a little bit. I first noticed this 5 years ago when looking at Kubotas. I think they make a very good tractor but I could not see the "value" of what they were asking for their equipment commensurate to the size tractors I was looking at . At that time, Mahindra was the lowest price tractors. The "value" of 0% is leaning toward the company as so many people think they are getting some type of free ride with 0% financing. Just ain't so.

People also get swept away with financing percentages because when you bought a house, even half a percentage point meant thousands more in pay back. This financing structure simply cannot apply as sharply with 20-30K as opposed to 250K-330K for a house. I found in the long run, I was saving just a bit more with getting Mahindra financing at 4% and paying less up front for the tractor than I was at the elevated "0%" but paying more for the tractor.

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing?
There are a couple of other threads on the financing and price differences between offers, so I don't want to rehash that here. I'm just wondering if others have seen this brand higher in quotes or not.

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing? #4  
There are a couple of other threads on the financing and price differences between offers, so I don't want to rehash that here. I'm just wondering if others have seen this brand higher in quotes or not.

Sorry of misinterpreting. The Mahindra place I work at is higher as well. They sustained a price increase as well as the 0%.

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing? #5  
Mahindra was actually the cheapest new tractor I could find when they had one of their "specials". $20,000 40hp 4x4, FEL, gear tractor, heavy frame and tires, model 4540. I still wound up buying used but came very close to buying the new one.

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing? #6  
I’m in CT, RI is about 1.5 hrs away. I bought mine fine Bethany tractor in Bethany CT. Family owned dealership good pricing, certified techs and won’t rip you off.
It’s worth a phone call.
I was there last nite and I think he had some Emax 25 there
FYI the loader and backhoe are bigger than the Bx 25 and now the 23 orange guys.
Good luck
Good luck.

/ Your experience with Mahidnra pricing? #7  
I didn't think the price was bad when looking at tractors. I only looked at the mahindra's, and the one dealer I purchased from called twice the one Friday before I purchased my tractor they dropped the price on the tractor with a 6' finish mower twice within an hour of each phone call. I figured it out with the 0% financing and then the 3.99%. I ended up paying cash for mine the following Monday, I made an offer a little less than what they ended with on Friday and both sides seemed happy. Regardless of what you pay new or used if both parties seem happy with the transaction then it is a good day.