You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,653  
Yeah....

When I was a kid, they had a room in the basement for family to take a break in.

The room was full of taxidermy.

I mean, 30-40 dead animals stuffed and displayed. I found it fascinating. Dad suggested that's how they practiced. :ROFLMAO:

The other family funeral home we use is also in the 3rd or 4th generation of family. They are great! Really nice folks. Super helpful and we are grateful for their services and compassion.

However, they have a pink light over the casket. Dad said it reminded him of the meat counter. 🙃

I smile every time I go in there....

which is too often. :(

Seems the older I get, the more funerals I attend.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,654  
I recall in grade school one year a nun had a hankering for nostalgia I guess, and we were required to get fountain pens for handwriting class.

They had cartridges. No fountains. So why did they call them fountain pens? Teacher told me to stop asking questions. :ROFLMAO:

And even without fountains, they caused a great mess and we were eventually told to stop bringing them to class. 🙃
My dad told me the story a few times when he spilled an actual fountain of ink on a nuns hobbit during nostalgic handwriting lessons, he ended up graduating from a public school.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,656  
No my dad didn't go to school with bilbo baggins in Middle Earth. Hobit, fat fingers and or autocorrect. it's the white headdress or possibly blue or black depending what color ink my dad was using.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,657  
Yeah....

When I was a kid, they had a room in the basement for family to take a break in.

The room was full of taxidermy.

I mean, 30-40 dead animals stuffed and displayed. I found it fascinating. Dad suggested that's how they practiced. :ROFLMAO:

The other family funeral home we use is also in the 3rd or 4th generation of family. They are great! Really nice folks. Super helpful and we are grateful for their services and compassion.

However, they have a pink light over the casket. Dad said it reminded him of the meat counter. 🙃

I smile every time I go in there....

which is too often. :(

Seems the older I get, the more funerals I attend.
My brother likes to attend funerals. Personally, I hope the next funeral I attend will be my own.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,658  
My brother likes to attend funerals.
I have to ask, why does he like to attend funerals?

Personally, as I've gotten older, I've come to dislike funerals because generally they are such a somber occasion, and honestly with some funerals how they march you past the dead body to pay your final respects I find more than morbid.

My dad and I had some talks about what he wanted when he passed. He told me to make certain everyone had a great time and take care of the bar tab for everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I broke down crying when they played taps for him (military service) and taps will get me EVERY time listening to a live bugler at a funeral. Other than that signal, the entire day was great, and even a lot of laughing during his celebration of life event at the funeral home, and everyone had a great time afterwards. The bar tab was on him one last time LOL

I've come the conclusion as I get older a persons death should be a cause for celebration for numerous reasons, no matter how the life was lived.

Then again, everyone has opinons ;)

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,659  
If a contractor copped an attitude like that towards me, I'd look for another contractor. Part of being in business is being available when it's convenient for your (potential) customers.

Where do you live that good Friday is considered a holiday?

Well then add me to that list of contractors.

Good Friday is one of the most important Holidays of Resurrection week. I have church to attend in the morning and no intentions of working unless I want to.

“part of being in business” as you say, is also the business person giving themseves time to observe the Holy Days in your religion that you feel are important to you.

If you don’t follow the Christian Resurrection week holy days, no problem. Just don’t expect me not to follow them because you don’t and be at your house trying to sell you replacement windows.