You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,571  
All of our cars have integrated garage door openers. We only have one hand-held opener, and it sits on top of the fridge right by the back door.

I guess you can say you are old if you ever actually got out of your car to open the garage door.

Same for TVs. My kids have no clue how we used to turn on the tv or change channels.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,572  
I guess you can say you are old if you ever actually got out of your car to open the garage door.

Same for TVs. My kids have no clue how we used to turn on the tv or change channels.
The same could be said for crank down car windows. I remember when we got our first electric can opener... all us kids wanted a turn opening cans. lol

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,573  
All of our cars have integrated garage door openers. We only have one hand-held opener, and it sits on top of the fridge right by the back door.
And pretty soon all of our cars will have doohicky's to control the lights, unlock doors and control your HVAC system ;)

Part of my own issue in my own industry is in HVAC is people want their doohicky's to control their HVAC system when they're not home.

Newflash, just get a programable t-stat, set it, leave it, and adjust it when you go on vacation and be done with it LOL

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,574  
Your integrated opener sounds interesting. Will the signal travel very far? When coming home in good weather, we like to push the remote early enough that the door is all the way up and waiting on us to enter.
We have several Chevy's and a Subaru. All have three buttons that you can program for 3 different doors. So button #1 opens our garage door and button #3 opens my mother in-law's garage door. We don't have a use for button #2 yet. I imagine if I had a gated driveway, I'd use it for that.

Distance? It works from the street at my mother in-law's house and she has a large curb we have to slow down for, so the door is easily open all the way by the time she (she has it in her Buick, too) or we pull up to it.

It works about half way up our drive. So, I'd guess it's about 60'.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,576  
And pretty soon all of our cars will have doohicky's to control the lights, unlock doors and control your HVAC system ;)

Part of my own issue in my own industry is in HVAC is people want their doohicky's to control their HVAC system when they're not home.

Newflash, just get a programable t-stat, set it, leave it, and adjust it when you go on vacation and be done with it LOL
OHHH..... You don't want to call ahead and set the vacation home to be nice a toasty when you walk in the door? Or have it notify you if the system fails and the pipes could freeze? Or let you know that you're running low on Olde Frothingslosh?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,577  
OHHH..... You don't want to call ahead and set the vacation home to be nice a toasty when you walk in the door?
You can start a wood stove using an app?

Or have it notify you if the system fails and the pipes could freeze?
My father had that for the greenhouses 40 years ago. If the power went out or it got below a certain temperature, it would call the house or any other number he programmed in. He also could call and find out that the power was on and what the temperature was.
Or let you know that you're running low on Olde Frothingslosh?
I put that on my list the last time I was there.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,578  

I fall into the category of loving all the WiFi gadgets and the like.
Granted I'm talking about multiple locations residential and commercial, I have 23 WiFi switches/outlets and more than that WiFi cameras operating right now.
I don't carry all my keys all time and if I go off for a few days and lock my detached garage and then walking out to them I realized it's locked, out comes the phone and I open the door. I let the neighbor in if he needs something and I'm not home etc. I could get a keyless entry like I have on my house garage with MyQ, I don't need it.
Ive always love electronic gadgets. 🤷🏻‍♂️

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,579  
I could get a keyless entry like I have on my house garage with MyQ, I don't need it.
Ive always love electronic gadgets. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We have the Kwikset app and it works well. Can open the Florida house door 1002 miles away in STL. Or, even better, give neighbor their own code so they can check on things.

It is amazing what can be done —- I only worry about being “hacked” somehow. But, it should send an alert whenever door is unlocked.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,580  
We have the Kwikset app and it works well. Can open the Florida house door 1002 miles away in STL. Or, even better, give neighbor their own code so they can check on things.

It is amazing what can be done —- I only worry about being “hacked” somehow. But, it should send an alert whenever door is unlocked.
That and Alexa is where I've drawn the line. Nope
I'm in FL right now and turned on the roof wires to avoid ice damming after 22" of snow in NH and the look at cameras to shut off when it's melted. How could you not love that? lol