You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,501  
This reminds me of a number of years back around Christmas time at work. Someone brought in CDs with old classic recordings of Christmas songs.

After a good while, one of the younger female employees had reached her breaking point. She yelled out, "These are all dead people! You're listening to dead people!"
Those dead people knew music, things went south when optics became more important than acoustics. When booty shaking first appeared in music videos, it was all over.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,502  
Our local drive in charges by person. And they have an Outside Food Policy of $15 per car that they give you a permit for. If you share food with another car, the other car must have a permit, too. If they find you have outside food without a permit, you have to either cough up $30 or be ejected. They make a lot of their money on concessions and need it to stay open.

I wouldn't support the crook that owns that place.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,503  
Those dead people knew music, things went south when optics became more important than acoustics. When booty shaking first appeared in music videos, it was all over.
Geddy Lee, Tom Petty, Steve Howe, Bob Dylan... these guys were not built for MTV. Could you imagine the young version of any of them securing a record contract with a major label, in today's environment? Yet... four of the most influential and successful musicians of the last 50+ years.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,504  
Our local drive in charges by person. And they have an Outside Food Policy of $15 per car that they give you a permit for. If you share food with another car, the other car must have a permit, too. If they find you have outside food without a permit, you have to either cough up $30 or be ejected. They make a lot of their money on concessions and need it to stay open.
Sounds like it could get pricey real fast. Agree with Iman...that pricing is a ripoff, plain and simple.
Surprised to see you still have one operating, most of them went out of business in this part of the world in the mid-late 70s. One big downside was that the season for them was relatively short, and the bugs. Roll up the windows and suffocate, roll them down and get eaten alive by mosquitoes. Plus the land the drive-in sat on became more valuable than the business.

Geddy Lee, Tom Petty, Steve Howe, Bob Dylan... these guys were not built for MTV.
I remember the first time I heard Rush...must have been '74-75. I had no idea whether Geddy was male or female. The name gave no clue, neither did the album cover or his voice.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,505  
Geddy Lee, Tom Petty, Steve Howe, Bob Dylan... these guys were not built for MTV. Could you imagine the young version of any of them securing a record contract with a major label, in today's environment? Yet... four of the most influential and successful musicians of the last 50+ years.

Is MTV even a thing anymore? I know I’m old but I haven’t heard anything about MTV in a long time.

This was one of my more favorite music videos.

As Good as I Once Was Toby Keith As Good as I Once Was - Google Search

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,506  
Mtv self destructed and turned out into reality TV shows of more modern generations dealing with lifes struggles, which they participated in creating imo. Pet peeve worthy. Anyone remember MTV's video DJs like Kurt loder etc?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323-105005.png
    Screenshot_20240323-105005.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,507  
You might be older if you like actual printed hardcopy paper manuals over electronic ones I'm guilty of printing out electronic manuals, and punching them to put in a 3 or 4 hole binders.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,508  
You might be older if you like actual printed hardcopy paper manuals over electronic ones I'm guilty of printing out electronic manuals, and punching them to put in a 3 or 4 hole binders.
I bought a hard copy of my tractor service manual, and copy the pages I want so that the originals stay clean. The state fish and wildlife is trying to get away from paper versions of the lawbook. To me, that just makes it harder to read an already confusing lawbook.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,510  
I've gave up quite some time ago trying to memorize parts diagrams, repair procedures online. Even with a screen protector on touchscreen tablet or tough phone I cannot search and scroll successfully through online manuals when my fingers have grease, dirt, fuel, and oil on them.