You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,471  
Well in a town of 600 and a graduating class of 10-15 you will never raise enough to pay for a a truck, etc. Now $200-400 boom stick will make a few bucks....

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,472  
We would sometimes drive 2 hours over to St. Marys, OH to buy beer. As I recall, in OH the drinking age was 18 for 3.2 beer and low alcohol wine. 21 for hard beer and liquor.

Didn't seem to matter as they's sell us a couple cases of Little Kings regardless.

🙃
We used to drive to Ohio to buy fireworks, not beer. Couldn't stand that vile tasting stuff.
In fact, a few years ago on a trip to Ohio, we stopped at the same store, still there over 50 years later, being run by a daughter of the originals owners.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,473  
We used to drive to Ohio to buy fireworks, not beer. Couldn't stand that vile tasting stuff.
In fact, a few years ago on a trip to Ohio, we stopped at the same store, still there over 50 years later, being run by a daughter of the originals owners.
You know what's funny... fireworks were illegal to use in Ohio back then, yet you could buy them there. I think the store was in Lima, perhaps?

Remember years back here when you could buy fireworks in Indiana as long as you signed a paper saying you wouldn't use them here?

Then they legalized them, as the loophole was pretty stupid.

I read somewhere that since the legalization in Indiana, fireworks related injuries went down.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,474  

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321-093904.png
    Screenshot_20240321-093904.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 66