You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,121  
Buddy had a 57 Chevy. The gas tank fill was behind the tail light.

I didn't know Chevy did that. We had an old Peugeot that we inherited from my grandfather that was like that. It would make the gas station attendant scratch his head sometimes.

The speedometer was in kilometers. We'd get it up to about 60 mph and then tell a new passenger, "This car runs so smoothly. It doesn't feel like we are going 100!" Then we'd watch the reaction.

It's also the only car I've seen that had a 4-speed on the column.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,122  
Too many older people kick off after breaking a hip in the bathroom. I don't want to do it from the second floor.
That strikes me closely. Last summer my then 98yr old MIL (RIP) was in her kitchen, turned and fell. Broke her hip. Almost recovered, asked for hospice and passed about a week later.

I used to climb ladders a lot. Three years ago I had to cut a limb that was brushing against my chimney and it took my 32' ladder at almost full extension, plus swinging a pole saw while I was at the top of the ladder. No extra support or safety harness.

A few months later my left knee started "going out" occasionally. If that had happened when I was at the top of the ladder I'd probably not be writing this now.

My respect for gravity has increased exponentially in the last few years.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,124  
Even the internet is wrong! Pictured is a '56...not a '55.
2024_03_04_18.04.35.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,127  
You might be old if your first data processor is the same as your last data processor.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-26 051408.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 051408.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 27
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,128