You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,031  
I've never seen the need for a sunroof in Southern CA. Too much sun here to begin with.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,033  
The tilt option makes a big difference venting and lowering inside temps which can be extreme in a locked car.

In the auto business sun roofs were metal and slide only.

Moonroof slide and tilt made of glass.

For a long time it was said only German Cars had sunroofs that didn't leak...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,034  
Who said anything about a free car...I'd be quite leary about a free car myself.
When its 115º and the AC is on full and barely keeping the car under 100º you may rethink that sunroof.
We took my wife's mothers car when she passed. Free car. It was a mechanic magnet needing repairs monthly until sold.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,035  
Have 4 cars with sunroofs, several with no roof and several convertibles...

They all have there pluses and negatives.

I drove a convertible Mustang for years and part of the time the top was always down as it needed a new pump.

Learned I could drive on the freeway at freeway speed in a downpour and the rain never entered the car...

If I wanted the top up I stopped under the overpass if it was raining.

Fun college days.

A convertible for a date in wine country sure upped my game.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,036  
I hope nobody ever tries to give me a vehicle with a sunroof.
I had a couple of company cars with electric glass sunroof (moon roofs?). Only opened them up a couple of times, noisy as heck. I found the flickering overhead sunlight annoying so I mostly kept the shade closed. I really don’t see the point of them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,037  
How else could the kids Stand up cruising at Spring Break?

For many a seldom used luxury.

I do know Europeans that use their sunroofs a lot…

But many are sun worshippers after long gray winters…

Mom had one new car in her life and it had a sunroof… she used it spring, summer, fall…

Dad was not a fan but it was moms car so he let it go…

We couldn’t find a new 2001 Corolla S with sunroof searching California so we did a factory order and watched her car being made at the factory and everyone there knew they had a VIP

It really was an amazing day and she loved her car after decades of driving $500 -$1500 cars back and forth to work… for years VW stick with no radio or A/C

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,038  
I have a 19 corolla with a sunroof and use it all the time..(year round)

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,039  
I've never seen the need for a sunroof in Southern CA. Too much sun here to begin with.
Only ever had one car with a sunroof. Kind of liked it, between the extra light it let in and the ability to open it on cool sunny days when it was stuffy with the windows rolled up, but a little too cold with them down. Never had a problem with leaks.
Too much sun isn't a "thing" here in northern New England. :ROFLMAO:

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,040  
A couple of friend's had Pintos in HS. Is there anyone harder on a car than teenaged boys? They were tough as nails, the guys couldn't kill them.
My first wife had one, didn't think it was a bad car. Felt a lot more solid than the Japanese cars of the day.

My first car and all thru college was a Bobcat! Remember those - the Lincoln version of the Pinto!!!
Actually the Bobcat was the Mercury version of the Pinto.