You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,411  
It seems like you can no longer call and talk to a person but you have to do everything online.

I'm in the between stages dealing with technology. Better than my father dealing with online crap, but worse than my son or wife.
Or requires you to either use their ap, or by using one of those weird cellphone barcodes. I suppose if you're only trying to reach millennials/Gen Z'ers, but it doesn't seem to have occurred that many of us over 60 or so neither have nor want smartphones.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,412  
Went to the DMV kiosk after hours last night, renewed plates for 4 cars and the trailer. Scanned our weird bar code on the back of our driver's licenses. It fed all the info in, populated all the fields, and all we had to do was confirm the info was correct. Check. Check. Check. Last 4 digits of SSN. Done in 5 minutes with new registration sheet for the glove box and new stickers for the plates. Easy peasy.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,413  
Or requires you to either use their ap, or by using one of those weird cellphone barcodes. I suppose if you're only trying to reach millennials/Gen Z'ers, but it doesn't seem to have occurred that many of us over 60 or so neither have nor want smartphones.
My stepfather is 87, and can use modern tech as well as most college students. It's not just an age thing.

Really, I never understood adults not even marginally competent enough to do things that are easily handled by grade-schoolers. It can't be that difficult, if an 8-year old can figure it out! 😛

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,414  
Went to the DMV kiosk after hours last night, renewed plates for 4 cars and the trailer. Scanned our weird bar code on the back of our driver's licenses. It fed all the info in, populated all the fields, and all we had to do was confirm the info was correct. Check. Check. Check. Last 4 digits of SSN. Done in 5 minutes with new registration sheet for the glove box and new stickers for the plates. Easy peasy.

Show off!
Does your state allow renewals by mail? I think that's even easier. Your approach is probably more secure, due to people stealing checks from the mail.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,415  
My stepfather is 87, and can use modern tech as well as most college students. It's not just an age thing.

Really, I never understood adults not even marginally competent enough to do things that are easily handled by grade-schoolers. It can't be that difficult, if an 8-year old can figure it out! 😛
I agree. I was born in 1954. The highest tech I experienced growing up was non remote TV, a transistor radio, or a vinyl record player
Computers appeared and I struggled to learn and since then I've tried to keep up. Today everything we buy has tech and apps. I built and manage my business website. Currently building a new wordpress website.
My wife is 7 yrs younger. She went through college and vet school with paper and pen. She balked at computer technology.
To this day she is way behind the 8 ball on basic computer skills and I have to constantly step in to help with even the most basic skills. I see the frustration but I also see a refusal to learn new skills. :rolleyes: Ultimately, you do you.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,416  
Show off!
Does your state allow renewals by mail? I think that's even easier. Your approach is probably more secure, due to people stealing checks from the mail.
Here in Nevada its all done on-line. Takes about 2 minutes.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,417  
I see the frustration but I also see a refusal to learn new skills. :rolleyes: Ultimately, you do you.
That's exactly what it is. What makes a "competent man" is always changing, from an ability to care for a sick horse, to changing a wheel with a flat tire, now... using a PC or a smart phone. Just another skill reflecting the age in which we live.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,418  
I suppose if you're only trying to reach millennials/Gen Z'ers, but it doesn't seem to have occurred that many of us over 60 or so neither have nor want smartphones.
Speak for yourself old man. I'm only 59! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, felt kind of embarrassed. My wife had some kind of rewards card with the hotel and saved myself $100.

Get on our program or we will rape you price wise seems to be the theme between grocery stores and hotels...

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,419  
Get on our program or we will rape you price wise seems to be the theme between grocery stores and hotels
I don't use rewards. They always seem to be a gimmick more than savings. I used to take part in the local hardware chain, then they started requiring online ordering. I flat out told them that if I'm going to order online it's going to be shipped to my house.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,420  
I don't use rewards. They always seem to be a gimmick more than savings. I used to take part in the local hardware chain, then they started requiring online ordering. I flat out told them that if I'm going to order online it's going to be shipped to my house.
Just give me your best price. If you want to give me a discount for anything else, fine, but I will compare your given online price to everyone else's.

I have two credit cards, all I will keep because between all the other "cards" I have, it's all the cards I need. I don't need anything on my keychain or phone for a better price(y)

In the "old days" you could call a hotel and find out what they area REALLY charging. Now you have to go through so many 3rd party websites, it seems ridiculous. Way I see it, since the company is paying for it, if they want to save money, tell me where to stay.