You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,551  
Is MTV even a thing anymore? I know I’m old but I haven’t heard anything about MTV in a long time.
I'm the right age to have my childhood somewhat bracketed by MTV. I remember watching their very first broadcast, and continued watching up until they became more reality TV than music videos, in the mid- to late-1990's. No idea what they've done in the last 25-30 years.

"Kenny wasn't like the other kids!"

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,552  
There was another music video station around for a while, VH1 or something like that. I remember working down in Ludlow Vermont around the turn of the century and they played a Stevie Nick's video at the same time every morning. I looked forward to watching it and starting my day off right.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,553  
Almost sounds like a restaurant that just happens to show movies. We don't have much in the way of movie theatres left around here. There was one in Littleton, but they closed during covid and never reopened. I think there's still one in St. Johnsbury, Vt. but that's almost an hour's drive from here.
There was Smitty's in Tilton (more than an hour from you) that had meals served during the movie and I believe they still do. We went once and it was pretty good.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,554  
There was another music video station around for a while, VH1 or something like that. I remember working down in Ludlow Vermont around the turn of the century and they played a Stevie Nick's video at the same time every morning. I looked forward to watching it and starting my day off right.
MTV was hard rock at one time and VH1 was more soft rock and pop. Both ere entertaining for awhile but MTV changed to junk tv now and VH1 must be gone.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,555  
I've got a Mac mini in my "area" at home. Nice little machines.
My wife informs me it will be like comparing driving a Yugo vs a 911 LOL

Thing is, my wife knows I have a very bad habbit of never getting rid of something as long as it works, particularly when it comes to autos and clothes LOL As I tell her, that's why we are still married, she still works.

My Mac desktop has been with me for a LONG time. Generally, never had a issue with it. The problem is we last updated the software with OS 10.13.6 when it came out around 2017, and it isn't supported anymore. I'm finding newer "outside software" that my Mac just won't work with anymore.

I complained to my wife that it was a total ripoff only for a way to have Apple make more money, but as she explained to me, getting the service that I did out of my desktop over the years without any issues is not common with most of the computer world out there.

I was still kind of refusing to buy a new computer when my wife bought it for us for my birthday this year (another reason why I keep her around LOL).

As I tell my son, being around him (my son) is starting to remind me of me being my own father when it comes to technology.

My wife does write computer software and understands computers, but when we traveled out to California last year for a longer than normal family vacation, it was our son who set the rental car up via eletronics.

TO MANY FRICKEN ELECTRONIC DOHICKY GADGETS IN TODAYS VEHICLES THAT NEED TO BE SET UP WITH YOUR PHONE! :ROFLMAO:

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,556  
My wife is pretty good at technology stuff. But can it be a little overkill?

She got this box that can open the garage door on your phone. No need for the remote anymore.

But, now we have 5 different ways to open the garage door:

- phone
- remote
- button by inside door
- keypad outside door

Do you really need 4 ways to open the garage door?

None of those work if electric is off. Then, only the old fashion way —- manual open.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,557  
Why not? Always good to have options. The lever handle French doors between our kitchen and patio can be opened at least six ways:

1. Left hand
  2. Right hand
  3. Left elbow
  4. Right elbow
  5. Left hip, then toe
  6. Right hip, then toe
Heck, if I was a little younger, I'd include feet. And I'm glad for all of those options, each time I'm carrying dual platters of steak and corn, or burgers and dogs, out to the grill!

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,558  
My wife is pretty good at technology stuff. But can it be a little overkill?

She got this box that can open the garage door on your phone. No need for the remote anymore.

But, now we have 5 different ways to open the garage door:

- phone
- remote
- button by inside door
- keypad outside door

None of those work if electric is off. Then, only the old fashion way —- manual open.
Our app on our phones got haywired, and we gave up using the phone to using the garage door.

Using the phone was a nice feature, but honestly, we don't miss it and really don't need it LOL

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,559  
Seems most of these fancy features only work about half of the time. Then, by the time they get the kinks worked out, a new version comes along.