YM155d turn signal switch ??!

/ YM155d turn signal switch ??! #1  

vern748

Tractor
YM2000, YM155D, Branson2505
Hi All,

Looking for advice on removing the turn signal switch for my 155d. Standard black switch, center, left, right. How do I remove the leaver ?
I see that the headlight switch has a set nut. Don't see one on the turn signals. :confused:

/ YM155d turn signal switch ??! #2  
Hi All,

Looking for advice on removing the turn signal switch for my 155d. Standard black switch, center, left, right. How do I remove the leaver ?
I see that the headlight switch has a set nut. Don't see one on the turn signals. :confused:

Vern if you look at the picture I attached you will see a black circle with notches in it. Get a pair of pliers and turn that counter clockwise. That will free up the switch. I am not sure if the black knob pops off or not, but if you unscrew the 3 wires from the back and turn that circle counter clockwise you should be able to get it out. Hope this helps.
Turn Signal.JPG

Last edited:
   / YM155d turn signal switch ??!
Hi

Yep, I can get the ring to turn, but not enough to get it off. It starts to rub on the knob and will not let me go further without removing the knob. Ill give it another try to see if I can make it work.
Thanks

/ YM155d turn signal switch ??! #4  
If there is no set screw on the knob it must just pull straight off. With a little force I would imagine.

/ YM155d turn signal switch ??! #5  
I didn't want to pull on mine to hard because its only 10 degrees outside and didn't want to break the plastic, but I would imagine it would pop right off Vern. Or get 2 small flat head screw drivers and wedge it off. Then you should be good to go. Let us know if it works

/ YM155d turn signal switch ??! #6  
IIRC my OEM 336D Turn Signal Knob had a tiny set screw that I could not remove despite best efforts (it had not been touched in 30+ years) - I know ended up cutting through the knob with a Dremel cutoff disk (yes, destroyed the knob) to get it off so I could remove the switch from the dash.

Not an issue for me since I didn't reinstall turn signals / hazard lights that I'd not used in 30 years but if you want to reinstall there's no shortage of knob-sources to fit any size/type shaft, google is your friend.

Good luck with yours.

Thanks all. There is very little danger in doing damage to it. Could get a replacement or "epoxy is our friend approach". Will try again today and let you know what I find. :confused3:

/ YM155d turn signal switch ??! #8  
I know my local Ace store has a good selection of replacement knobs should you ruin it taking it off.

Hi All,

It just pulls out. After 30+ years of gunk, it needs a bit of persuasion.