YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas
I am thinking I should put grease inside the sprockets and chain housing to lube it so it wouldn't leak. unless someone else has a better idea

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #12  
Grease can get sling to the outside and won't flow to where it's needed. That's my only thought.

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #13  
Need some advice on this one I just replaced both bearings on my YKMT43 rototiller. However the pillow block bearing that I purchased is leaking through the bearing. I ordered the correct PN I believe is there an option that will make the bearing sealed? Here are some pics.View attachment 758912View attachment 758913View attachment 758914View attachment 758915View attachment 758916View attachment 758917
The trouble is that if there is a large enough gap for things to flow out, other things, like dirt and grit can get in. I suspect that you are right that the shaft (#30?) has worn a bit at the seal area. Can you get the part? If not, can you, or can you get a nearby machinist to, lay down a weld bead, or sleeve it, and machine it back down to size?

If you don't use it often, could you put a rubber sleeve, or a few layers of self fusing rubber around the open area adjacent to the bearing and cap it with a hose clamp to make an "outer seal"?

I wouldn't go with grease as the chain and bearings is designed to be sprayed with oil.

All the best,

Peter

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #14  
check out the manual. It just might specify grease rather than oil for the chain.

My rototiller specifies grease.

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas
The trouble is that if there is a large enough gap for things to flow out, other things, like dirt and grit can get in. I suspect that you are right that the shaft (#30?) has worn a bit at the seal area. Can you get the part? If not, can you, or can you get a nearby machinist to, lay down a weld bead, or sleeve it, and machine it back down to size?

If you don't use it often, could you put a rubber sleeve, or a few layers of self fusing rubber around the open area adjacent to the bearing and cap it with a hose clamp to make an "outer seal"?

I wouldn't go with grease as the chain and bearings is designed to be sprayed with oil.

All the best,

Peter
Yes I agree the shaft is probably worn. I am wondering if something like this will work

Maybe I can slide this oil seal on. You are correct about using oil after some research grease wont do the job and stuff will come into the chain housing as well

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #16  
Yes I agree the shaft is probably worn. I am wondering if something like this will work

Maybe I can slide this oil seal on. You are correct about using oil after some research grease wont do the job and stuff will come into the chain housing as well
You could use that oil seal, though you would need a way to fasten / mount it, or do you think it will fit in the housing?

That's why I suggested just rubber clamped around the shaft, making a good, tight seal against the housing. It is definitely a shade tree oil seal, and one that ends up fastened to the tiller shaft.

All the best,

Peter

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #17  
No is that a thicker grease? I am wondering if the shaft has worn slightly and the grease is flowing bewtween the shaft and the inner bearing.
I have gearbox leaks on my bush hog. I started using the 00 grease which helped as it IS THICKER. Even that was leaking thru the PTO shaft seal so I got a jar/tub of "sealer-stop leak" which I use almost 50/50 with the 00 grease. Has greatly reduced the leakage and seems to lubricate fine. It's a green pasty stuff. Available on E-bay.

I have gearbox leaks on my bush hog. I started using the 00 grease which helped as it IS THICKER. Even that was leaking thru the PTO shaft seal so I got a jar/tub of "sealer-stop leak" which I use almost 50/50 with the 00 grease. Has greatly reduced the leakage and seems to lubricate fine. It's a green pasty stuff. Available on E-bay.
Thanks for the advice I may try that. I am draining oil now and will post another pic of the chain box and the bearing so everyone can see where the leak is coming from.

Here are pics of all the parts and the position of the leak. I wont have room to place a bearing seal that I can see so I will need another option either sleeve or some sort of silicon like seal put between the shaft and the bearing what do you think? IMG_0108.jpgIMG_0109.jpgIMG_0110.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0112.jpgIMG_0113.jpg

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #20  
I missed that you have a sleeve around the splined shaft (part #30). I think that you are in clover; doesn't that mean that there is no motion between the sleeve and the splined axle? If so, I think that you can use locktite or an oil resistant RTV inside the sleeve to seal to your splined axle, don't you think?

All the best,

Peter