Oil & Fuel yanmar new injection pump wont pump

/ yanmar new injection pump wont pump #11  
Check the Adj. on the Valves and run it. The Compression is low but may come up some after some use. The fuel in the oil problem could have caused the Rings to wear and some Low Compression. Get it all cleaned out, good Oil and if it gives you Problems Try and make it till next Winter.Then when you pull the Head and check it and the valves,Guides etc. I would put some Rings in it while it's off. And Then you prob saved a good Tractor.:2cents:

/ yanmar new injection pump wont pump
Check the Adj. on the Valves and run it. The Compression is low but may come up some after some use. The fuel in the oil problem could have caused the Rings to wear and some Low Compression. Get it all cleaned out, good Oil and if it gives you Problems Try and make it till next Winter.Then when you pull the Head and check it and the valves,Guides etc. I would put some Rings in it while it's off. And Then you prob saved a good Tractor.:2cents:

Thanks Carey063
It is nice to hear from someone with experience and a love for a good running machine.
This tractor is a first for this Grandpa and I am anxious to hear it run. In the 50's we always had to fix our own, so this is nostalgia.
I will check valve adjustment and change oil, and hopefully the injection pump will pump to the injectors for a good spray.
I plan to teach the grand kids how to drive a tractor and the principles of hydraulics.
Hoping for the best, and thanks again
bthieman in CA

HI CA
The injection pump should be back soon from the rebuilder after recalilbration
I am still interested in timing procedure for the 155d
does the fuel start when #1 comes up on the flywheel, or does it stop? The service manual is confusing.
thanks for the help
Gpa Bill

/ yanmar new injection pump wont pump #14  
I don't have the manual here. Nor have I timed one.

What I remember reading is 1) think safety 2) crank it forward and see if the #1 (rear) injector spurts exactly at the injector timing mark, which is about 20 degrees before the TDC mark. I seem to remember TDC is at the shoulder of a counterweight cast into the front pulley but it was a long time ago I researched that, for adjusting valves at TDC.

I better defer and let somebody who knows something answer your questions. :D

/ yanmar new injection pump wont pump #15  
HI CA
The injection pump should be back soon from the rebuilder after recalilbration
I am still interested in timing procedure for the 155d
does the fuel start when #1 comes up on the flywheel, or does it stop? The service manual is confusing.
thanks for the help
Gpa Bill

By no means claiming to be an expert here. My reading of the instructions says the timing mark is on the crankshaft pulley. You should have a TDC mark and a 24 degrees before TDC. You are to roll to TDC, then move it back and forth in small increments, thinking it will have to be at least 24 degrees. Just at the point there is evidence of pump discharge you will take note of the position of the timing mark. Naturally, this will be when rolling clockwise looking at the front of the engine. You want it to be right on the 24 degree mark. If timing is late you need to remove shims, if early add shims. Each .0039" (.1mm) is suppose to make 1 degree difference. I doubt this is as plain as what you read in the book but thought it might help. :thumbsup:

Thanks Texas
I will follow your instructions
The service manual says to remove a valve and spring in the #1 fuel inj pumper, which is not what the rebuilder advised.
I plan to follow your instructions and not mess with the inj pump, after checking the valve clearance settings
I hope the compression comes up, but it should start if I can finally get a spray pattern at the injectors (which I have not had yet)
thanks for the advice
As another poster said
"its either the fuel or the air, it cant be anything else"
Gpa Bill