Yanmar at work

/ Yanmar at work #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Thought I would share a few pictures from today. About 75* out, a great day for tractoring.

A chain, pallet, and 2 cinder blocks does wonders for the riding ring. Put it in 4WD, 2nd gear high range, 2000RPM, and just go. If I work from the inside out I cover my inside tire track so it works out great.

SN850822.jpg

SN850824.jpg

SN850825.jpg

/ Yanmar at work #2  
Beautiful! Great lookin' riding arena! Had to show my wife your pics... (now she wants one!)

Thanks for sharin'.

AKfish

/ Yanmar at work #3  
It wuz 82 here in SC today!! Gotta love that springtime weather lol! Btw, I like your homemade scrapblade. How hard was it to make it??? :)

/ Yanmar at work
Beautiful! Great lookin' riding arena! Had to show my wife your pics... (now she wants one!)

Thanks for sharin'.

AKfish

Thanks. Its really nothing fancy. It doesn't cover the whole fenced in area, but it covers the area that the horses usually get ridden on, and the main thing is it can be ridden on after it rains. Before it would take quite some time to dry out. I wish I could have done all the spreading and levelling myself, but I was down at my college while my neighbor delivered the material, and used his New Holland skid steer and a larger Ford tractor to level everything out. It would have been good practice on the skid steer, but thats OK :).

/ Yanmar at work #5  
I can almost smell the fresh pine air in those pictures.

Hey, Where'd you get that great side view mirror?

Gott get one for mine...

/ Yanmar at work
The mirror came with the tractor when I bought it from the previous owner. There are small raised areas with holes drilled where the mirror mount goes, so I think it was something from the factory. The problem is is it just jiggles around so much its looking at some completely different angle about 30 seconds later. I think the little ball pivot assembly on there may be broken in one spot :).