Yanmar Air Cleaners

/ Yanmar Air Cleaners #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
Both of my older Yanmars (165 & 336) have roughly the same air cleaner - even though one is twice the HP of the other. It's the standard cyclonic dust collector mounted to a horizontal cannister with a paper element inside. The whole assembly sits alongside the hood on the "onside" of the tractor.

I'd like to adapt that system to another tractor I have - but this one is 60 HP so it stands to reason that I'd need an air filter assembly off of a larger Yanmar....or would I? Any thoughts?
rScotty

/ Yanmar Air Cleaners #2  
If you don't need it to be a Yanmar part check out the Donaldson assemblies-

http://www.donaldson.com/en/catalogs/engine/033615.pdf

I am using one on a generator that I am building. They work really good and don't cost a fortune. They have a chart on there that shows the CFMs for each unit. They also have the dust collectors that mount on the top.

I think you would need a much larger filter than the 336 if you wanted to run 60hp. The YM336 filter has pretty close to double the surface area of the 165.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Yanmar Air Cleaners
If you don't need it to be a Yanmar part check out the Donaldson assemblies.
Aaron Hoye Tractor Parts

Thanks Aaron. Donaldson sure makes an impressive number of filters for everything. Kinda overwhelming, though.

I like the air cleaner that I have, but want to add a cyclonic prefilter. I couldn't find one of those at Donaldson's site, but it might be there. Any more ideas where to get a cyclonic prefilter for reasonable? I had considered getting a YM336 filter setup and just using the cyclonic part of it to feed into my existing paper element.
thanks, rScotty

/ Yanmar Air Cleaners
Hope that helps.
Aaron

It does help. Just what I was looking for but couldn't find; thanks.
In fact, they look remarkably similar to the Yanmar precleaners. Now we'll see if they work on a Kubota.... :)
rScotty