Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS.

/ Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS. #21  
OK, I've read most of the posts in this thread. Then I went and did a search through several owner/operator manuals I have. A "15" and a "19" RAM pickups, a Jeep Compass, Chevy Equinox, a Branson 8050, a NH 8160, NH 6050, a CIH Puma 125, and guess what folks.....

Not a single solitary one of them provides part numbers for the various filters.
Every single one of them does say to see your dealer for the filters and fluids.

If you want part numbers for the factory filters get the danged parts catalog,
if you want the service instructions get the danged service manual.
Silverado. I guarantee the Equinox manual has them listed too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305-212740.png
    Screenshot_20230305-212740.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 73
   / Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS. #22  
   / Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS. #23  
The fuel change interval for the guy with the 2007 tractor is different. He likely has conventional fuel injection. Most people on here including me have machines with high pressure common rail. I DON'T like it and won't spend 3 hours typing why. I can tell you that Bosch does have a replace after xx hours or EVERY year for HPCR. That is the big spin on filter. Now to keep from making a mess... you can carefully pinch off the fuel line before removing. Wear mechanic gloves with the rubber finger tips or use a strap wrench to break it loose. The take a zip lock gallon size bag and put it over the filter before unscrewing it. You won't spill a drop. :)

/ Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS. #24  
I followed this plan to replace the fuel filter, and when I re-prime, I get no fuel through the relief screw. It sounds like it pushes out there and then sucks it back in when the prime button is released. No amount of pushing results in a fuel.

The tractor will not start when following this procedure. The tractor will start when I fill the fuel filter to the top and screw it on, and do not prime at all. But only runs for maybe 30 seconds.

I don’t think fuel is getting from the tank line into the fuel filter head. Is there anyway this fuel filter head inlet could be blocked? I know fuel was coming out the fuel line because when you take it off the filter head it pours out.

Thoughts?

/ Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS. #25  
Thanks for the write up. I really like your idea of a clear bowl down low. All new tractors should have one. The Mitsubishi engine our prior Max came with one, and this 2538 needs one as well. That setup allowed you to remove the bowl and it would actually shut off the flow of fuel while you dumped out any junk. Then when you screwed it back on it would refill the bowl and filter housing. I broke the max bowl off on some barbed wire one time and I think it was $50 to replace. Maybe there are cheaper ones.
Great article as so much is missing from Mahindra. This is a great posts I am so grateful thank you so much appreciate the time you took that in the end helps us all!

/ Fuel filters and yet more Mahindra manual BS. #26  
I followed this plan to replace the fuel filter, and when I re-prime, I get no fuel through the relief screw. It sounds like it pushes out there and then sucks it back in when the prime button is released. No amount of pushing results in a fuel.

The tractor will not start when following this procedure. The tractor will start when I fill the fuel filter to the top and screw it on, and do not prime at all. But only runs for maybe 30 seconds.

I don’t think fuel is getting from the tank line into the fuel filter head. Is there anyway this fuel filter head inlet could be blocked? I know fuel was coming out the fuel line because when you take it off the filter head it pours out.

Thoughts?
Have the correct size box wrench handy & keep it on the bleed screw. It might be 10mm ??? With it CLOSED..start to pump and by the 2nd or third pump you should feel significant resistance as pressure builds. Now slightly open the bleeder and quickly close it. Repeat again & you should have fuel spurting out. You want to close the bleeder on fuel coming out otherwise you will be sucking air back in. Its no different than bleeding brakes. Remember you are barely cracking open the bleeder.