YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
My 2002D tachometer cable leaks where attached on housing in front of engine. One fellow said the housing would have to be changed to stop this. Any other advice out there? Also wondering what John Deere would be closest match to this Yanmar? Thanks, Winston

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #2  
It' really hard to tell from here whether the housing is bad or just needs tightening or thread sealant. If you need one, why not a Yanmar parts dealer.

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #3  
My 2002D tachometer cable leaks where attached on housing in front of engine. One fellow said the housing would have to be changed to stop this. Any other advice out there? Also wondering what John Deere would be closest match to this Yanmar? Thanks, Winston

You may need to replace the O-ring, it's an odd size. I should have a housing if you need that.
Danny

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #4  
If it's that odd of a size you would be amazed what straight cuts to shorten it and a drop of super glue will do for you until you get the correct one. Most likely very little or alot of cases won't leak at all.

Carey

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING
The parts drawing does not show an o-ring on the tach cable. I tried putting one on it with no success. Winston

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #6  
winston , have you considered the gasket in a tube? you could also try Hoye for that housing. russ

I have tried a silicone gasket sealant after cleaning everything. May not be the best sealant for the job. If you know of one that might be better I might give it a try. I haven't tried to locate a housing yet. Figure it will be pricy and I'm hoping for a cheap cure. I've been called cheap before.

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #8  
The parts drawing does not show an o-ring on the tach cable. I tried putting one on it with no success. Winston

There is no O-ring on the tach cable, the O-ring is between the tach gear housing and the front cover housing. There are 2 nuts that the tach gear housing on.

Danny

It is leaking where the tach cable screws in. It is tight. I cleaned all the area good and put silicone gasket sealant all around it. Still leaks. Not leaking around the housing. Thanks, Winston

/ YANMAR 2002D TACH CABLE LEAKING #10  
It is leaking where the tach cable screws in. It is tight. I cleaned all the area good and put silicone gasket sealant all around it. Still leaks. Not leaking around the housing. Thanks, Winston

Spring for a $ 10.00 tach cable, if it still leaks replace the housing.

Danny