Yanmar 1700 smoking and loss of power

/ Yanmar 1700 smoking and loss of power #11  
If the Throttle Arm is moving the shaft on the pump. Were it's clamped to the pump and is tight and no responce from the pump or engine Rpm's then my guess also is a Internal Pump problem. My YM.2000 Fredricks supplied dealer and Myself is the only ones who's ever touched this one since 08.
I can't see it but my guess you don't have a Thermal Start cup? It should be the hose to the White cap cup by the Fan/ radiator hose housing. The blue wire is the Heating Element.
Then jump the Inj.'s and return to the Tank.
I do get white smoke after sitting for a long period of time. Make sure the Exhuast cap is opening and closing properly. If no cap on it stays outside your going to have a Rain water problem. Easy to remove and clean. I used Gas and blew it out good with Air hose.

Attachments

• 003 (2).jpg
    003 (2).jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 88

Attachments

• Fue.JPG
    Fue.JPG
    884.6 KB · Views: 98

/ Yanmar 1700 smoking and loss of power
Have you had the injector pump apart?
Yes because when i bought the tractor was stuck , the rack wasn't moving, i took it out and fix the problem and now its pumping both sides also when i move the throttle level rpms go high or low meaning its working. At first try i put the plungers upside down and the tractor was very high on idle and the governor wasn't doing nothing. I took it apart again flip the plungers and then now a can regulate the idle but keep smoking. I will record a video to show you.

Ever bother to check the air filter for restriction? Could be a number of things. Start with the easiest stuff first. A dirty air filter will cause your issues.
Filter is new

If you move the throttle lever and the arm at the injector pump is moving and nothing changes while moving, same RPM , I say you have an injector pump issue.
If i move the lever yes the rmps go high or low

/ Yanmar 1700 smoking and loss of power #15  
That is the way it's supposed to work. So your regulating fuel to the Inj's. and Cylinders. Compression, Overheating, Bad fuel ? I did notice how much Idle is being used on the Throttle shaft Adj. compared to mine. Mines 1/4 on the AdJ. and your all the way open. That's a indication how much fuel it's taking to just keep it running. just looking at the Pic..

/ Yanmar 1700 smoking and loss of power #16  
Have you tried loosening injector lines one at a time while running to see if you could tell which or both cylinders are at fault? Careful, as you are dealing with high pressure!

That is the way it's supposed to work. So your regulating fuel to the Inj's. and Cylinders. Compression, Overheating, Bad fuel ? I did notice how much Idle is being used on the Throttle shaft Adj. compared to mine. Mines 1/4 on the AdJ. and your all the way open. That's a indication how much fuel it's taking to just keep it running. just looking at the Pic..
Can you take a picture to see what are you talking about?

/ Yanmar 1700 smoking and loss of power #18  
Your throttle arm Adj.. Your set at the Max. adj.. Your pumping fuel and getting to a Cylinder since it's running. Low compression? The Injector Spray? Bad fuel? Check those potential problems and move you Throttle arm Adj. back. My guess is Your set at Full throttle and possibly moving the Throttle arm to far forward causing a problem. I'm only going by the pics. so I could be wrong. Check the position of the set pin. I can't see your set Pin on the Throttle shaft. If it's even There ? look hard on mine and your see the pin through the shaft
1678719123129.png
1678719056090.png