Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,471  
Plywood is still crazy.
Last I checked, 3/4" CDX was $80 out the door at HD. Should come down.

I read that container shipping has plummeted 85% due to drop in demand.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,472  
Just purchased fire rated plywood in 4 x 8 sheets. $87.00 a sheet. It was $112 from same supplier at last purchase 4 months ago.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,473  
Last I checked, 3/4" CDX was $80 out the door at HD. Should come down.

I read that container shipping has plummeted 85% due to drop in demand.
I just checked and the stuff that is most like 3/4" CDX at my local HD is 23/32 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. RTD Sheathing Syp for $42.78/sheet.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
#1,474  
Went in to a local building supply last week to pick up 6' of flex watertite conduit and a 90 and a straight fitting. Price on line was $38 which for what it is, is ridiculous but you don't have a choice. Got to the store the tag under it said $26, got to the register and it was $38 which I pointed out to the cashier didn't match the tag. "Ohh, we haven't got around to changing the tags yet" suck it up buttercup, $26 please and she did. So it went up $12 in one shot.
I was also informed they won't have that problem soon enough as they're going with electronic tags on all their shelves which will be controlled by their head office. They'll be able to gouge faster and better, gotta love technology
View attachment 766470

I must be missing something here. Screencaps taken just a few minutes ago.....

HD34.jpg

Lowes34.jpg

Why is your store literally twice the price?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,475  
I must be missing something here.
Yup you are LOL. How much we get hosed in Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact.
Taking the exchange into account your US$19 is CAN$26. If you go the 'tuther way, my CAN$38 is US$28. Why.....d**ned if I know, and it's pretty much the same on everything

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,476  
I recall when my wife and I started dating in the late 70's through when we got married in the mid 80's, we'd go up to Canada, exchange a few hundred dollars in case we needed it, spend 3-4 days up there, not buy too much, exchange back to US, and they'd hand us more than we came in with. It was crazy.

Below, US Canadian exchange history

AC180BCE-B75F-4B14-9053-2EAB311C5A03.jpeg

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,477  
^^ you could have done that every week and quit your job. Who knew? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,479  
I was on a trip through Oregon last week. The mills by the road had the biggest log decks I have ever seen. Not just one deck but deck after deck of logs. They had a lot of lumber too. One plywood mill had a huge number of bales of plywood stacked up and sitting in the rain. Are mills holding back to keep prices up?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,480  
I was on a trip through Oregon last week. The mills by the road had the biggest log decks I have ever seen. Not just one deck but deck after deck of logs. They had a lot of lumber too. One plywood mill had a huge number of bales of plywood stacked up and sitting in the rain. Are mills holding back to keep prices up?
Those are winter log decks. Mills stockpile logs in the fall in case it’s not possible to cut and haul during winter months.