XR4040 ignition switch removal?

/ XR4040 ignition switch removal? #1  

Verradosoftball

Tractor
2014 LS XR4040
Hey everyone I am having An intermittent problem where some days the tractor will not start. When I say not start I turn the key and nothing works. The last time it happened I went through all the usual steps and then waited a day. The next day it started like Normal although I did nothing that fixed anything. Today it decided not to work again. I believe it is the ignition switch as the ignition has three wires. The main power wire is constant hot, but when I turn the key neither of the other two wires get power.

i have access to both sides of the ignition but cannot see clearly how to remove it. Has anyone pulled the ignition switch from their LS? I am probably overlooking something easy but I just can’t see it right now. Thanks for your time.

rich

/ XR4040 ignition switch removal? #2  
Could be the switch. But before you go replacing the switch, check your chassis ground. These tractors (and many like them) are plagued with ground issues. Either the connection gets loose, corroded, or broken. Take it completely off, clean the connections really well, inspect it all, and replace. If that doesn't fix it, then maybe look at a new switch.

/ XR4040 ignition switch removal?
Thank you for the info. I have done that And everything else I could find suggested on this site from previous posts that were similar.

/ XR4040 ignition switch removal? #4  
check your safety switch under the seat??

/ XR4040 ignition switch removal?
The power in the cab still turns on even if the seat safety switch is bad. However, I was able to trace a wire from the cab to a smalle covered box next to the solenoid. i pulled the cover off and found two wires from the cab there that seemed to match up with the ignition. On the opposite side of the circuit was a single wire running to the solenoid. When I pushed on it I was able to move it. I cleaned it and secured it tight and everything works now. I am still not 100 percent confident the ignition switch is good but time will tell. Thank yall for the responses. Time to get some sleep and start again in the am

Attachments

• IMG_1947.jpeg
    IMG_1947.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1946.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54