Buying Advice Xr3037c vs Xr3135c

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #1  

davidvercher

Tractor
LS 3135C
Hey guys, need some advice. The dealer has both xr3037c and xr3135c, which is the best bet? The main concern is the different engine. Also should I go shuddle shift or hst? Mostly will be used for finish mowing and some loader work. Thanks for the help.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #2  
Not sure on the 30XX vs the 31XX but my dealer is happy with the 31XX from what he said.
The 30XX is a turbo 3 motor, it looks like the 31XX is a 4 cyl.
Drive them and see what you like best.

Remember you have a 5 year warranty

HST or not is also what feels best to you.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #3  
I have the XR3037HC with the Shibaura 3 cyl. turbo diesel. The XR3135 has the 3 cylinder LS turbo diesel.
The 3000 series regenerates about every 5 hours. 3100 series regens about every 50 hours.
For finish mowing and loader work I'd recommend getting the HST for repetitive forward and reverse use.
Both will have the same warranty. 3000 series has a 12.4 gallon fuel tank, 3100 - 10.6 gallon
Both are premium tractors with many standard options.
Either would be fine for your needs.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c
I have the XR3037HC with the Shibaura 3 cyl. turbo diesel. The XR3135 has the 3 cylinder LS turbo diesel.
The 3000 series regenerates about every 5 hours. 3100 series regens about every 50 hours.
For finish mowing and loader work I'd recommend getting the HST for repetitive forward and reverse use.
Both will have the same warranty. 3000 series has a 12.4 gallon fuel tank, 3100 - 10.6 gallon
Both are premium tractors with many standard options.
Either would be fine for your needs.

Does the HST get good diesel mileage since you have to keep the rpm's up all the time? And is the noise annoying while easing around?

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #5  
I didn't buy my tractor for mileage. They have hour meters, not speedometers. Only need to keep the RPM's up for running 3 pt. equipment at 540 RPM. For general loader work, snow plowing etc. I run around 1600-1800 RPM. You probably don't have to worry about snow. Being inside the cab it is not noisy at all. I usually have the radio playing with the heater on in winter or A/C in summer.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c
My little Kioti tractor was a HST, and I had to keep the RPMs up all the time and it drank fuel. I know tractors don't have speedometers, it was just a figure of speech. Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if you had to keep the tractor at 540 all the time or just while running 3pt. My little tractor was real slow and the bucket lagged when you wasn't at 540. I probably will go with the HST

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #7  
You may not even need to keep the PTO RPM's at 540 for finish mowing. I run a 3 pt. flail mower around 1800 and it cuts very well. Also have a PTO driven BH that I run around 1500-1600 RPM. The RPM I use is the minimum it takes to do the job. I haven't paid attention to fuel usage but estimate mine to be less than 1 GPH. I have not seen a need to run at full RPM. Good luck with your decision and be sure to post pics of whatever you get.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c
Will do, thanks for the help.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #9  
My Kubota L3200 HST will putter around at an idle. If its slightly downhill or hard & flat I can drop the go pedal to the floor without killing it. So at least not all HSTs need high RPMs to get the job done.

Obviously you need to kick up the RPMs to get power or higher speed out of it, but I rarely run it up high unless I'm doing PTO work or something taxing like plowing.

/ Xr3037c vs Xr3135c #10  
I had a new XR3037HC for a day. It started dripping oil shortly after it was delivered and the dealer took it back and offered me a replacement. They gave me the choice of the same, or the 3135 at no additional cost. So I chose the latter.
George, I have seen some discrepancies on the info in their website. Such as I'm pretty sure both have the same size fuel tank. I'll have to verify that tomorrow for my own curiosity.
I have been very pleased with the tractor. The dash is nicer, including a volt gauge where the 3037 did not. The seat is nicer with adjustable arm rests. All the switches are nicer carling L series.
The LS tractors have some stout hydraulic systems with dual pumps, which helps support their (what I'm told) class leading FEL lift capacity. No need to wind the rpms out for the majority of work.
I would suggest the HST as well.

Jay