X758 Deck leveling problems solved

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #1  

kgriffis

Tractor
X758
I bought a X758 mower in October of last year. Excellent tractor but the 54" deck would not level properly. When I wanted a 2.5" height I had to put the dial on 3.5" and then the adjustments were way off. One side was adjusted all the way down and the other all the way up. I notified the dealer and he immediately came and saw what I was talking about. They took the machine back and "fixed" it and returned it but it still wasn't right. Instead of boring you I will say that it was back and forth 5 times for the same problem. Finally, with the help from this forum, I found the answer. I wish I could find the post that lead me in the right direction to thank the poster. It seems that the hangers underneath were not even. One was 1" lower than the other. They should be relatively even. I took two pictures, one of each side and attached the post that I had found herre. The dealer replaced the whole assembly which includes the rockshaft. It has since been returned and much to my satisfaction it is all right in the world. I am reposting this because if two of us had this problem there may be more of you out there. Right side lift arm.jpgLeft side lift arm.jpg0001951551____________B1.gif

:dance1:

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #2  
Glad they got it worked out for you. Thanks for posting back the solution to help others that may have the same issue.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #3  
Any one else have this problem. I just measured the arms on my x750 and the above pics could just as well be taken of my tractor.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #4  
Rooster
You saying your deck is not level?
How about pics of yours? Maybe we can collectively help out.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #5  
Yes, my deck is not level, well it won't stay level, usually have to adjust it before I mow and I can only adjust the right side downward. The pics above are representative of my tractor, the left bracket hangs lower than the right. Right now as it sits, the left bracket has no remaining threads to adjust the deck, meaning if the left bracket was the same height as the right bracket there would be another 1/2 to 3/4 thread remaining. Here are pics of the hangers on my tractor, the first pic is the left side, the second pic is the right side. As you can see the right side still has adjustment left, the left side has none.

Attachments

• left hanger.jpg
    left hanger.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 766
  • right hanger.jpg
    right hanger.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
   / X758 Deck leveling problems solved
This is what was going on with mine. Somewhere I found someone who had the same problem and the answer was to replace the undercarriage, the part the deck hangs from. Since then, no problems. It adjusts with threads to spare. Mine was under warranty, I hope yours still is.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #7  
Still under warranty until April 2017. Do you have any part numbers as to what was replaced?

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #8  
From the sounds of it, and looking at this schematic from jdparts.com, looks like a mis-manufactured rockshaft.
Note that the lift brackets can only go on in 90 deg positions, and yours look to be off by maybe 10-15 deg. But clearly time to get back to dealer and discuss the problem..

Attachments

• 758X_rockshaft.jpg
    758X_rockshaft.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 616
   / X758 Deck leveling problems solved
Sorry I do not. I used to have the thread I found it on but I can't locate it. I agree with the rockshaft comment from beenthere.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #10  
Thanks. Going back to dealer today. I'll post any info.