X728

/ X728 #1  

Fensty77

Tractor
X728
My x728 experiences ‘cogging’ when warmed up and seems to lose some power when it does so. Any suggestions?

/ X728 #2  
Is it the engine or transmission cogging when warm?

/ X728 #4  
The 728 is fuel injected so could be spark - ignition or fuel. Have you checked to verify spark when warm? Ignition modules and spark plugs have been known to fail when warm but operate correctly when cold.

/ X728 #7  
My interpretation was missing or misfiring on one or both cylinders. I could be 110% wrong though.

/ X728 #8  
My x720 had a similar problem that was caused by rust from the fuel level housing clogging the fuel filter. Mine lost power after running for about an hour, and letting it cool down helped so I initially thought it was electronic or other heat related problem like lownslo, but when I pulled the fuel pump to test it I saw the filter was full of rust. Didn't make sense why it only did it when hot, but flushing the tank solved the problem.

/ X728 #9  
fyi

There is a service manual for X728 for sale in the "Items for Sale" forum

/ X728 #10  
What is "cogging" ?? Not familiar with that term.
“Cogging' is a general term (possibly even a colloquial term) used to describe a brushless motor appearing jumpy or jittery. It is much more prevalent at lower speeds than higher as high speeds tend to smooth out the motor considerably.”