Would you buy an LS again?

/ Would you buy an LS again?
One question no one asked is, if you do decide to trade it in what are your reasons for such a big jump to an XU6168CPS?
The XU series are not hydrostatic like the 4040. The XU does have greater loader and 3 pt lift. The XR4145, 4150, 4155 are available in hydro with more HP than the 4040 with the same loader and 3 pt. capacities.
Hopefully replacing the ECU your Dealer has ordered will solve the problem.
Have you asked the dealer what happens if the ECU doesn't solve the problem. At that point the Dealer or LS should be willing to take it back or offer you full value on a trade in or propose some other solution.

Great questions. After doing what we could with the 40HP/30 @ PTO, I found that it was just too weak. Things took multiple passes to complete, esp in our heavy red clay. I wanted something much bigger but still with some maneuverability. Also, a cab would be great to combat all the pollen so my allergies don't go crazy anymore when cutting. Currently, I would wear a N95 mask to cut, but my eyes still got watery, lol.

As for what happens if the ECU change doesn't work, I was told by the mechanic that LS would likely exchange it with another tractor, but he did tell me that the decision was past his pay grade, lol. I haven't had that statement confirmed by the manager yet, though I suspect they will do what they can to make things right. They have been accommodating so far.

What dealer are you working with? I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a XR4155HC but having communication issues with some of the local dealers.

RCO. Their customer service has been great.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #23  
RCO has also been great to deal with. They are not close though they will be about 3 hr drive for me but think I will end up buying from them anyway.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #24  
The dealer's mechanics have plugged in their computers and tested all the wiring. They keep ordering part after part from LS to get it fixed,

You need a new dealer, not a new tractor. Find a shop that has actual mechanics, instead of code-reading swap monkeys.

Finally spoke with the manager. The ECU was shipped by LS last week and is expected to arrive soon. When asked what happens if this doesn't work, he said, he doesn't know, lol. He said it was unprecedented for the tractor to get this far without fixing it, as they have never run into this severe a problem with an LS before. So, not sure where things will end up. Just waiting and watching everything on our farm get overgrown while missing crop planting windows, lol. Such is life....

/ Would you buy an LS again? #26  
You've already owned it two years and had the same problem multiple times. I would not waste any more time with this machine. Get LS to buy you out of it and be done with them. If they won't make it right, use your state's lemon law to your advantage. Too much money at stake to mess around with it.

Patience is a virtue, but sometimes businesses and corporations mistake it for weakness on the part of the consumer. You need a tractor and you bought a BRAND NEW ONE that doesn't work.

As for trying again with LS, you must be much more patient than I am. I would've been out of that mess a year ago.

Not trying to beat you up, but I hate seeing someone get hosed. I'm sure the dealer has been accommodating / friendly / professional. But, they haven't been helpful enough - they haven't fixed your tractor. Time to stop being nice and start getting what you paid a LOT of good money for.

Good luck.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #27  
... and don't think you have to trade it in. LS should buy it back, period. They can do it - any company can do it. You just have to show them that it's the best option.

I had to involve the BBB with a Volkswagen (I know, I know...) many years ago. My stack of evidence of it's lemon-ness was so embarrassing to their district rep that it was laughable. He almost cried during the arbitration. One of the happiest days of my life when that POS was bought back.

Got a call today that my tractor is fixed. Gonna pick it up next week and see if it holds true, lol. I will likely trade it for something else though....probably Kubota.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #29  
Got a call today that my tractor is fixed. Gonna pick it up next week and see if it holds true, lol. I will likely trade it for something else though....probably Kubota.

Sorry you have had all the problems. But if you think you are going escape the possibility of issues by changing brands you may want to browse the other forums. A quick check of the first page of Kubota showed several problem threads. They all have their issues. But you have to do what makes you comfortable.
Obviously your tractor wasn't going to be fixed unless they changed out the bad part, which they hadn't apparently, until possibly now.

Sorry you have had all the problems. But if you think you are going escape the possibility of issues by changing brands you may want to browse the other forums. A quick check of the first page of Kubota showed several problem threads. They all have their issues. But you have to do what makes you comfortable.
Obviously your tractor wasn't going to be fixed unless they changed out the bad part, which they hadn't apparently, until possibly now.

True.

Nevertheless, the LS dealer is far away from me. Kubota is five minutes. Throw in a better parts network too, and I'll take my chances there. I gave LS a chance for two years.