Would you buy an LS again?

/ Would you buy an LS again?
Yes, The Boomer and some Workmaster series have LS roots.

Does anyone know if the T4 is also built by LS? The T4.75 would likely be the one to which I would upgrade if I went NH.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #12  
Like cford36, my XR3135HC is relatively new (7 months, and less than 20 hours). However, it's been great so far. Sorry your experience has been otherwise. If I had to buy another compact utility tractor, it would probably be another LS.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #14  
I like my 2013 LS and would definitely buy another one, but mine has no anti-pollution junk on it and it seems that most of the complaints I read about here are with the regen cycles and / or limp mode.

I don't read the other tractor specific forums to know if the other manufacturers are having this problem also.

I would hope that they could find a better way of meeting the emission rules without those stupid regen cycles.

So glad I bought mine before they put this crap on tractors!

/ Would you buy an LS again? #15  
4140 gear with cab bought last June & have put just under 200 trouble free hrs on it. Have worked it hard with dirt moving, road building, tree/log moving, and snow plowing and blowing. No Tier 4 problems and love not breathing diesel stink. Have owned a Deere, and used Kubotas. I love this tractor and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #16  
After reading of your issues with your LS, I'm not sure whether the problem is the dealers service dept. inability to find the core problem, or it is possible you just bought the dreaded lemon.
I have a 2012 g3033h, that has never been back to the dealer shop since they day I bought it. The only thing that ever needed to be fixed was an o ring that leaked, which I did myself.

This is one of 2 tractors that are operated in my commercial vineyard by many different employees over the years, which increases the odds of some kind of product failure. Yet so far, nothing needed other than regular servicing, which I do myself.
I wouldn't blame you for going with a different brand next time, but if the financially, the deal favors LS, I am certain you won't see the same issues on the next model.

After reading of your issues with your LS, I'm not sure whether the problem is the dealers service dept. inability to find the core problem, or it is possible you just bought the dreaded lemon.
I have a 2012 g3033h, that has never been back to the dealer shop since they day I bought it. The only thing that ever needed to be fixed was an o ring that leaked, which I did myself.

This is one of 2 tractors that are operated in my commercial vineyard by many different employees over the years, which increases the odds of some kind of product failure. Yet so far, nothing needed other than regular servicing, which I do myself.
I wouldn't blame you for going with a different brand next time, but if the financially, the deal favors LS, I am certain you won't see the same issues on the next model.

I've thought about that as well. The dealer said they have only seen one other LS have the exact same regen issue, which was also the same model (XR4040H). Ironically, it was originally purchased by one of their diesel mechanics. But, what they did to fix his tractor is not working for mine. Supposedly they have changed every possible component except the ECU, to no avail. They have a new ECU on order.

I do suspect I have a lemon, though, and am quite leery to take it back home if they think they have it "fixed".

Therein lies my dilemma. On paper, LS is the best value - specs, features, etc. I've read great things on LS from members of TBN. I bought an LS because of those high accolades. As I said in a previous post, I so want to give LS another chance, but man, is it worth the risk?

/ Would you buy an LS again? #19  
One question no one asked is, if you do decide to trade it in what are your reasons for such a big jump to an XU6168CPS?
The XU series are not hydrostatic like the 4040. The XU does have greater loader and 3 pt lift. The XR4145, 4150, 4155 are available in hydro with more HP than the 4040 with the same loader and 3 pt. capacities.
Hopefully replacing the ECU your Dealer has ordered will solve the problem.
Have you asked the dealer what happens if the ECU doesn't solve the problem. At that point the Dealer or LS should be willing to take it back or offer you full value on a trade in or propose some other solution.

/ Would you buy an LS again? #20  
What dealer are you working with? I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a XR4155HC but having communication issues with some of the local dealers.