Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor"

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #1  
Tractor
None
Hi all. So this is Abit outlandish however I feel like there may be some feasibility. My consideration was to have a small lawn tractor such as a cub cadet lt 1042, gear down the hydrostat so it puts slightly less strain on the system, and re-route the belts to a custom built pto assembly running off the back of the mower, aswell as a winch assisted 3 point. Atleast in theory it would preform similarly to a small 13hp Kubota, and cost far far less. In terms of engineering I have the plan of what to do, however the issue is I'm not sure if itd actually work

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #2  
What work are you wanting to do with it? There are several implements that are built for pulling with a lawn tractor.

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor"
What work are you wanting to do with it? There are several implements that are built for pulling with a lawn tractor.
Well I was thinking of some ground work, ie ploughing, using a rotary hoe ect. Aswell as the occasional mowing (with the 3pl ofc), but the usefulness doesn't really worry me, since it's more of a passion project lol

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #4  
Where there is a will there is a way I guess. But I'm sure you would have to fabricate literally everything from the ground up. I have the same mower at home believe it or not. I used it to pull brush to the brush pile, mow, and "bush hog" some decent size saplings and vines before I got my little tractor. It did a better job than I would have thought. I'm doubtful of the utility you would get out of it for the work going into it, to set it up with a 3 point and a PTO.

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #6  
   / Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #7  
I don’t believe you will find a cub cadet 1042 has a frame. Nor is the drive train designed to engage in dirt work.

I believe your time and effort could be put to much better use. Find an older true garden tractor to do the chores that you are wanting to do. An older cub cadet, John Deere, wheel horse, or economy tractor will allow you to truly garden. It’ll take some time and effort to shop around to find a quality used unit.

If you’re able to find an International Farmall cub you would truly have something you could garden with.

These new lawn tractors are really not much more than lawn mowers and have really limited abilities to Tractor.

Last edited:
   / Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor"
Go get you a job at McDonald’s and save up and buy a proper tractor.
Haha I have the money dw lol, if need be I can buy a little subcompact outright, but I still want to avoid spending 30K on something yk? Rather invest it

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #9  
A mower tractor has a stamped frame pan and is light enough that two guys can put in in a pickup; therefore they don't have the structural strength or traction to do anything serious.
Many years ago I picked up an 8 hp Sears sans-deck for next to nothing to drag stuff around. Made a blade for the front, all it did was act as a parking brake to keep it from going anywhere.

/ Would it be possible to convert a lawn mower into a lawn "tractor" #10  
You can find older b series Kubotas with loaders for around $6K (and up) in good running condition...