Working under the tractor

/ Working under the tractor #11  
If you've got a heavy set, jack stands will work, maybe put them under the frame towards the front if you're worried about the pivot.

/ Working under the tractor #12  
I use heavy duty ramps. (y)

/ Working under the tractor #13  
My tractor is currently sitting on my 4 post lift getting its 400 hour service, (I'm almost at 1600 hours). I bought the lift 15 years ago, one of the best investments I've made.

/ Working under the tractor #14  
Works like a charm!

1701136368066.png

/ Working under the tractor #15  
Another vote for using 4 heavy-duty ramps. That's how I change the oil in my Kubota M7060HDC12. Gets it high enough that I can drain the oil into a 5 gallon bucket (tractor holds 3 gallons) using a big funnel.

I wish I had a lift - 4 post or 2 post even. But my shop is too low - no way I can get the tractor with cab inside, much less on a lift. Getting too old to roll around under my vehicles...I need help getting back up again! And since at my age I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do any of this I'm not going to build a new shop designed to handle a lift.

/ Working under the tractor #16  
Another vote for using 4 heavy-duty ramps. That's how I change the oil in my Kubota M7060HDC12. Gets it high enough that I can drain the oil into a 5 gallon bucket (tractor holds 3 gallons) using a big funnel.

I wish I had a lift - 4 post or 2 post even. But my shop is too low - no way I can get the tractor with cab inside, much less on a lift. Getting too old to roll around under my vehicles...I need help getting back up again! And since at my age I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do any of this I'm not going to build a new shop designed to handle a lift.
Fellow up the road from me has a lift outside, it's on a cement slab and a pole barn roof and no sides.....

/ Working under the tractor #17  
Not an issue with either of my 3 M9's. Plenty of ground clearance. In fact I can almost sit under the oil pan when on my butt. I did make a set of very heavy duty ramps out of .40 retention PT planks that I back them up on when switching out the 540-1000 pto shafts so I don't loose any of the high buck Chevron All Weather THC Synthetic transmission fluid I use. At 145 bucks a pail, stuff is like gold. The ramps elevate the back of the tractors just enough that the fluid don't run out when I pull one shaft and replace it with another and I should have specified the internal shift instead of the flip shafts. Would have been a lot easier. Use them for oil changes in the buggies as well. I used to have a nice set of steel ramps but those grew legs years ago when we had the house remodeled and no one knows where they got off to, especially me. The ones I made are so heavy no one would take them or at least I hope they don't take them. They weigh about 100 pounds each. and I added snowmobile carbide picks on the bottom side so they bite into the concrete a bit and don't slide around.

/ Working under the tractor #18  
...I need help getting back up again!
I hear you, same here. Getting down is not the problem, gravity works as does a knee pad for the landing. If there's nothing to grab to get I end up rolling around like a beached whale to get to something.
.....and I added snowmobile carbide picks on the bottom side so they bite into the concrete a bit and don't slide around.
I didn't want to chew up my floor so I made a set of extensions out of 2- 4' lengths of 2 x 6 reinforced with a 2 x 4 on edge on the bottom. Couple of bolts that go thru into the holes in the metal ramps to hold them in place. Makes it a lot easier to drive up, I just put my truck (Ram 1500) in 4wd low and idle up.
I don't think I'd truck plastic ramps. Wasn't there a thing not too long ago where they'd disintegrate after a couple years?

/ Working under the tractor #19  
Years ago I had a set of plastic ramps, worked good for the lighter weight vehicles. Easier to handle vs the metal ramps but one day I was lazy and since I already had them out for the car I pulled the truck on them... one of em' collapsed like a house of cards

/ Working under the tractor #20  
... one of em' collapsed like a house of cards
That's what I was meaning, at least with steel you can hopefully see them bend a bit before collapsing, I hope