Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #21  
Yeah, I just got finished reading the whole thread and realized it was TYM after the fact that it was too late after I posted it

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #23  
I have an LS 4140 with only 335 hrs. No issues after the first regen. I run it at 1700+ RPM after getting that advice. Regen takes about 20 minutes but you can keep working while it does its thing.

I wish it had a higher lift height. I bought a 74” inverted blower and wish I had opted for the higher HP engine.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #24  
Get a pre tier 4 tractor that has seen little use.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #25  
We have an MT352 with cab and shuttle shift. The lift height is no problem I could still FU and dump a load on top of me if I wasn't careful.

We push snow here with a 1000' driveway asphalt onna mountain side with a small incline but its enough in heavy snow that we need to plow WITH the storm.

We brush hog a good bit with a 72" Titan bush hog. Not a problem going thru 10' high brush.

For clearing we are looking at getting a grapple - we have wood lots, brush and fields to cut. I do not use this tractor for mowing other than hay not for grass around the house.

Its got plenty o grunt for me - we have filled tires which is great for winter time and lifting heavy logs.

Its a great tractor has all the bells and whistles stock that other tractor colors charge extra for.

We love it. GL with your choice.

There's really not diff between the MT3 series other than horsepower and thats an ECU thing. Also check your 3pt hitch and see if that size works for you.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #26  
I’ve only seen 1 TYM tractor in real life but I was impressed, reading the spec sheet they seem to have much higher capacity hydraulic pump than most other brands.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #27  

Flyinghigh I am still Not convinced just replacing an outer hub will fix what symptoms you described.

Specifically that both wheels were locked together and rotated together.

That really sounds like a spider gear problem inside the center differential pumpkin, Not an outer hub problem.

A bad locking up outer hub would lock that sides axle shaft forcing the driveline to rotate if the other front wheel is rotated.
If the tractor is parked in 4x4 attempting to turn either wheel will not be possible since one side has been jammed and the front driveline is locked because the engine is off but front drive is engaged.
Really think TYM should have expedited a 'complete' and tested front axle install which has not had metal debris circulated through it.

I Feel Real bad for you and especially dad, with this fiasco. Months waiting for parts on a Brand New machine you folks put virtually no hours on is ridiculous.

I actually think you have made the right move getting legal representation going forward. Whatever you and dad end up with, I really Hope it is a great comfortable and reliable tractor from Day 1.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series
Thanks SD...really appreciate...just hope I can get something resolved ASAP as my dad's condition continues to deteriorate by the day. The last few days have not been good on that front. Legalities take time as well, but I had to start something moving.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #29  
For what its worth - I own two LS a small G3033H (15 model) yup that old and a MT357H-HST. This one has over 800 hours (a 21 model) and i love it (except for its time to time trouble with field trash setting off codes to clear off radiator). I plow, disk, spray (3 rear remotes and 1 forward) grapple and brush mow. never a problem but can be a bit tippy if picking up too heavy a load without rear weight/ballast. The HP does everything I need on my small farm and I got a little booshy A/C and heat to boot. My experience - most local dealers just plain stink (my area +/- 100 miles north Ms). They all seem to be playng dealer V being a dealer. I get most of my parts and filters on line and when I need something local I go to the New Holland dealer who carries alomst everything LS just the NH branded parts - almost exact crossover. A wise old farmer told me years ago - get a tractor with lots of weight and not a lot of tech and you'll be happy - I have been. And at about 12K cheaper than the green guy i can live with the limitations. Good luck

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #30  
I’ve only seen 1 TYM tractor in real life but I was impressed, reading the spec sheet they seem to have much higher capacity hydraulic pump than most other brands.
We had a TYM dealer on a vacant lot next to a restaurant along the highway back around 2009…

Didn’t appear to have an office, just 4-5 tractors parked there.

Don’t even know how a customer got hold of sales, I stopped and looked at the tractors.
At the time I was fairly new to modern tractors. I had an old 8N previously, but never a more modern Tractor, so I didn’t really know anything about a TYM.

I don’t think they lasted in that location much more than three or four months