Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad?

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #11  
I know It's to late but I think the 200 mile ride would be to your advantage dollar and mower wise
good luck
:)

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #12  
I agree its a different mower than in the first pic. Perhaps the second pic is the mower in the background in the first pic? No matter....... i'd definitely pass on the deal.

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad?
I know It's to late but I think the 200 mile ride would be to your advantage dollar and mower wise
good luck

MrJimi - its never too late. Please elaborate. If they've had it for 6 months they'll probably have it tomorrow. Are these mowers as good as some of the reviews I've read? Just looked to me based on the "new" picture that this mower was not as well maintained as I had hoped for and figured I'd look a little longer. Also, the fact that they claimed it is the same mower give me pause about its stated condition as well.

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #14  
jk96 said:
MrJimi - its never too late. Please elaborate. If they've had it for 6 months they'll probably have it tomorrow. Are these mowers as good as some of the reviews I've read? Just looked to me based on the "new" picture that this mower was not as well maintained as I had hoped for and figured I'd look a little longer. Also, the fact that they claimed it is the same mower give me pause about its stated condition as well.

The only thing I can say is, If It was me and I had these doubts, I would drive the 200 miles and decide for my self. From what I have seen, It Is two different mowers? Your talking about $2,500 dollars, gas and time for piece of mind is much cheaper
When are ya leaving :)

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad?
Sorry Mr. Jimi,

I misunderstood your remarks. In my previous post I stated I would have to pass on the deal. I thought you ment I was making a mistake by not buying it. I already called them and had them tear up the check, also stopped payment at the bank. I think I'll look a little longer.

jk

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #16  
It appears that the rear wheels have been adjusted. Not the same mower in my opinion, or its been used since the first pic.

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #17  
jk96 said:
Sorry Mr. Jimi,

I misunderstood your remarks. In my previous post I stated I would have to pass on the deal. I thought you ment I was making a mistake by not buying it. I already called them and had them tear up the check, also stopped payment at the bank. I think I'll look a little longer.

jk

That's what I'd have done. I seriously doubt they are the same.

I looked at a new Woods RD7200 in the spring of 2005 and finally bought it in October 2005. It had been outside since I first spotted it and had hardly any rust on it when I got it.

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #18  
IMHO.. that aint the same machine.. in fact.. the yellar one looks used/returned.. not just sat and rusted on the lot.

soundguy

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #19  
Looks to be the same deck. The rust patterns near the rear safety chains look to be the same. However, having said that, Woods can't paint worth a ****. I have a Woods 750 backhoe and a Woods M4 mower. The paint started to peel away within a year. The mower is almost devoid of paint now. The hoe has lost paint in large sheets. One of my jobs this summer is to repaint after sandblasting and priming. I'll probably use Rustoleum.

Mechanically, they're both bulletproof and I'm pleased with their performance, I just wish Woods would properly paint their equipment. At the price of their attachments, you'd think they'd do a better job.

Bill

/ Woods Mower - Can the paint be this bad? #20  
Not the same machine - way too many differences. I'd be concerned about dealing with them at all - trying to pull a fast one on you like that.

Otherwise, IMHO I think Woods are one of the best.