Chipper WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #41  
If you paid for liftgate service to your house, they will deliver and unload it. If it's to your house without liftgate service, they will expect a loading dock they can back up to, or for you to have a forklift to get it out of the truck. Usually the truck is a semi or a 45' trailer. (this is a problem for me, my road's tight). If they're sending it to the freight terminal, you pick it up there and they will forklift it into your truck.

I have always either picked up at the terminal or paid for liftgate service. I have forks for the tractor but do not want to be under pressure to unload fast. I know the drivers have a schedule to keep and they're probably already late after coming up my road.

For sharpening, I took some ideas from this:

I used a 4.5" grinder, and also used machinists blue on the bevel so I could see that I was hitting all of it and thus hopefully keeping the angle about the same. I rotate or sharpen my knives often (every 20 hours) as I dislike poor performing equipment. So there wasn't much material to take off. Even then it takes a few passes with the blue and the grinder. After a few home sharpenings I'll send them off to be ground.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #42  
They claim lift gate service, but I haven't confirmed that with the shipping company. Not sure I could get it off a semi with my FEL.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #43  
I was wondering if we need to be there to unload it or if the shipping company does it..I don't remember reading anything on the woodland Mills site about that...
Yes, someone needs to be present for yours to arrive. Mine came from RL carriers on a short semi with a lift gate. I also made a point of saying I needed that. They were able to wheel it around on my flat packed gravel driveway. Make sure to leave room for it to be picked up by your three point if you don't have forks for your tractor.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #44  
I just called RL carriers and they had no idea they would need a lift gate tomorrow. Don't assume.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #45  
Glad you got it squared away before they showed up with it!

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #46  
We'll see. Not sure I wanted to lift a 900# crate from the back of f a semi with just a FEL and a couple of tie down straps. Waiting to see if they keep the scheduled appointment now that they need to switch trucks.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #47  
Maybe I should have told the wife the only way she gets her new chipper is if I get a forklift to unload it.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #48  
When is yours due to be delivered hughman? I haven't got any delivery dates yet.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #49  
Just got it today. Some assembly required. Nicely packaged in a steel crate/pallet. Just got it put together and hooked up to the tractor. I bet the wife will be chipping before sundown.

Attachments

• PXL_20230414_183942130.jpg
    PXL_20230414_183942130.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20230414_204845633.jpg
    PXL_20230414_204845633.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 68
   / WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #50  
Looks like it will do the job! Did they have a lift gate to drop it off or did you sling it?