Chipper WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #31  
The two in the title
Well that's a pretty even comparison then I think. The comparison doc at the front is probably a good place to start. I personally went Woodland Mills for the clamshell. But you may prefer the straight chute instead of the angle. Lots of videos and threads here about both.

Sorry that doesnt really help answer your question....

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #32  
I'm on the fence about ordering the woodland Mills wc88 chipper right now as well. I was surprised shipping was only 200 bucks too for an all in price of 4827.70
Not too bad for an 8 inch chipper
Unless you are getting some accessories at that price, it's a thousand bucks cheaper if you drive south across the boarder.

$3549 + $199 shipping and no tax.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #33  
My price was in Canadian dollars is probably were the difference is and I have to pay 13 percent tax to the government unfortunitly

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #34  
Other than not knowing if my little tractor can handle these, the main difference I see is that the WM-8H is not available at the moment. If I needed it tomorrow, then that narrows down the choice. I would be willing to wait if the woodmaxx is the better choice though.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #35  
Other than not knowing if my little tractor can handle these, the main difference I see is that the WM-8H is not available at the moment. If I needed it tomorrow, then that narrows down the choice. I would be willing to wait if the woodmaxx is the better choice though.
Flywheel is going to do a lot of your work, especially when you've got less PTO HP to work with. The WM has 100# on the WC.

You're running it on a short ish tractor, adjustable legs are probably a very nice thing to have if you'll be operating in rough terrain so you have as much clearence as possible and keep the PTO shaft orientation where you want it while working or working height for the feeder.

I might be bias, I have the WM-9900. When I was shopping the top contenders were Wallenstein and WoodMaxx for me but the WoodMaxx won out mostly because it seemd to be more USA made.
1681065958655.png

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #36  
Just put my order in for the woodland Mills WC 88! I hope it chips as good as I'm expecting it too...now to get to cutting some firewood and gathering branches...lol

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #38  
I agree..I used to cut trees for a living and if that saw was even hinting it was dull I would sharpen it..does anybody know if I can sharpen these chipper blades on my own and what is the best tool process used to do it?

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #39  
I went for the woodland Mills since it was the one that was available. Ordered it on Monday and it's scheduled to be delivered on Thursday. Very quick service.

/ WoodMaxx WM-8H vs Woodland Mills WC86 #40  
I was wondering if we need to be there to unload it or if the shipping company does it..I don't remember reading anything on the woodland Mills site about that...