Chipper Woodmax three point chipper

/ Woodmax three point chipper #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
Do any of you own a Woodmax chipper product and can you give feedback as to your experience?
I searched here and found two threads, both of which asked a similar question and no one responded.
That is a concern to me because it sounds like no one owns one. It's been three years since those posts,
any new Woodmax chipper owners here? There is a Woodmax vs Wallenstein comparison to be done, but Woodmax seems
to provide huge value in an 8 inch hydraulic feed chipper for $2800 delivered. Their own top of the line US made chipper is $4,000
and is really the one I have my eye on.

Any Woodmax chipper feedback would be appreciated.

/ Woodmax three point chipper #2  
There's a bunch of threads talking about Woodmaxx chippers here, try searching on "woodmaxx chipper" in the body of posts. From them I got the impression that other than a few loose bolts on delivery, owners like them a lot. And the customer support seems good. I'll be ordering one as soon as my new tractor arrives.

Anther option is the Woodland Mills 8" chipper. Designed in Canada and made in China. Similar capacity and weight. I think that overall it may be a better design but there's a few features on it that don't appeal to me but that other people might like.

There are also videos on youtube of people running these chippers.

/ Woodmax three point chipper #3  
Do any of you own a Woodmax chipper product and can you give feedback as to your experience?
I searched here and found two threads, both of which asked a similar question and no one responded.
That is a concern to me because it sounds like no one owns one. It's been three years since those posts,
any new Woodmax chipper owners here? There is a Woodmax vs Wallenstein comparison to be done, but Woodmax seems
to provide huge value in an 8 inch hydraulic feed chipper for $2800 delivered. Their own top of the line US made chipper is $4,000
and is really the one I have my eye on.

Any Woodmax chipper feedback would be appreciated.

I investigated chippers in detail before I bought my Jinma.
Here's a link on a good discussion of the Woodmaxx.

In general you've got the straight off the boat Jinma type for $1500. This requires blade and belt replacement and refitting of parts, the paint job looks like a rattle can application by a 5 year old. The chute doesn't rotate (but rswyan is working on it :) )

The Woodmaxx china type it seems the sellers have taken a basic chinese chipper and either through quality control or fixing in the US have a much better chipper, plus they offer more support for an extra $500. Then they add hydraulics for more $$.

The Woodmaxx seems like a "modified" Jinma with great support. The Wallenstein line is almost the difference between a Harry Homeowner occasional use Woodmaxx and something built to be used for a business day in and day out.

You will probably enjoy the Woodmaxx 8H or better.

/ Woodmax three point chipper #4  
I posted a small review a few weeks ago on my new Woodmaxx 8H chipper. Its under the Attachment forum on page 3. Couldn't be happier with the machine.

/ Woodmax three point chipper #5  
This machine has been well designed to keep you away from the feed rollers !! Plus it doesn't pull the limbs in that fast but you still need to respect it.

/ Woodmax three point chipper #6  
Owned a Woodmax 8H for 4 years now. No complaints.
I've never maxed out the advertised capacity as I think after a period of time the machine would self destruct and anything 3-4" or more is cut for fire wood. Salpings and branches with side limbs are swallowed up with no problem. Keep the knives sharp.

B. John

/ Woodmax three point chipper
thanks guys, I have had poor luck using the search function. Will study all this carefully.
Two years ago I had a large concrete block firepit made, and it's almost full of ash now. Need a better solution than burning.

/ Woodmax three point chipper
I've now read all the threads and it is very clear the Woodmaxx products are keeping their owners happy. The idea of jamming an 8 inch piece of oak trunk in any of these things is silly; like most of you, that's firewood! But I have a lot of pine here which I can't burn. Wondering if the pine pitch is a problem gumming up the blades/rollers/?.

I still have to make a decision on the 8H or the 8800. The 8800 is hydrostatic (another version of hydraulic right?) and has a lot less hoses, seems more compact, and built in US, plus it comes fully assembled. The lady I talked to said the advantages were not so much in how it chipped the wood, other than variable speed vs choice of set speeds, but the hydrostatic only used two gallons of fluid vs much more in the other one. Doesn't seem like a game changer to me. The real question is do I want to pay 1200 bucks more for made in USA. I think I do.

/ Woodmax three point chipper #9  
Get whatcha want but you'll not find many if any dissatisfied Woodmaxx hydraulic chipper owners.
I sho'nuff like mine

/ Woodmax three point chipper #10  
I love my Woodmaxx TM-86H and the people were always great to work with.