Won't start after recharging battery

/ Won't start after recharging battery #41  
All good ideas here.

What I would add is trying a battery charger that also repairs the battery by desulfating the plates by pulse charges.

There are several out there - this one is mine.

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
   / Won't start after recharging battery #42  
Tractor got left on and killed the battery. We recharged it and still only get a click at the starter. Battery shows 12.86 volts. Always started great before the battery died.

Any ideas? What can I test?
Suggest you buy yourself a battery load tester ...... you can buy a decent load tester on Amazon for $50 - $70 and can use it on any other batteries you have on equipment or your vehicles. Just connect it to the battery terminals, adjust to CCA rating shown on your battery and click ...... it will tell you if you need to recharge or replace the battery. If your battery is 3+ years old you know that you are getting close to replacing the battery anyway.

/ Won't start after recharging battery #43  
Na…my batteries last generally 5-7 years. My tractors interstate battery laster 9 years.

/ Won't start after recharging battery #44  
Tractor got left on and killed the battery. We recharged it and still only get a click at the starter. Battery shows 12.86 volts. Always started great before the battery died.

Any ideas? What can I test?
Get it load tested, as likely the battery is no good. Has some voltage, but not enough to do more than "click" the solenoid.

/ Won't start after recharging battery #45  
Check,charge,clean,tighten,test and jump. Might as well have the battery load tested. 🦜

Last edited: