Won't start after recharging battery

/ Won't start after recharging battery #21  
Yep...acid holes...

Still remember the first time I changed a battery at the dealership holding it close to my chest leaning over the bumper and grill of a 70 Buick.
Holy crap Runner not many people are old enough to have ever seen a 70 Buick,much less worked on them. :unsure:

/ Won't start after recharging battery #22  
Tractor got left on and killed the battery. We recharged it and still only get a click at the starter. Battery shows 12.86 volts. Always started great before the battery died.

Any ideas? What can I test?
Wondering if you fried the points on this thing. Easy enuf to check.
This tractor as I recall, runs on positive ground so careful if you jump it.
If the battery is more than 3 yrs old, replace it.
Make sure starter drop off switch is engaging.

/ Won't start after recharging battery #23  
Working as a gopher at the Dealership was a great job for me as a kid... I loved cars.

When I think of all the cars sold on the used lot if only I had a warehouse and the money...

Lots of 60's muscle going cheap when the gas lines started.

Starting and warming up the cars every Saturday was in part to make sure the batteries were good...

We had stock of Interstate Batteries on hand so if needed just pull one from stock.

/ Won't start after recharging battery #24  
jaxs some of here probably have driven a model a Ford
and 1940+s model cars. I did a valve job on my dad's
1948 straight 8. In 1945 I washed parts with gas for my
dad he was a Chrysler mech. Grinding the valves used
a handle with a rubber suction cup to hold the valve so
you could grind the seat.

willy

/ Won't start after recharging battery #25  
Working as a gopher at the Dealership was a great job for me as a kid... I loved cars.

When I think of all the cars sold on the used lot if only I had a warehouse and the money...

Lots of 60's muscle going cheap when the gas lines started.

Starting and warming up the cars every Saturday was in part to make sure the batteries were good...

We had stock of Interstate Batteries on hand so if needed just pull one from stock.
I'm sure you did a fine job of making sure batteries were good by doing that,what were you checking out while moving the 69 Boss 429 to a different parking spot? ;)

/ Won't start after recharging battery #26  
jaxs some of here probably have driven a model a Ford
and 1940+s model cars. I did a valve job on my dad's
1948 straight 8. In 1945 I washed parts with gas for my
dad
he was a Chrysler mech. Grinding the valves used
a handle with a rubber suction cup to hold the valve so
you could grind the seat.

willy
WHAT! Your dad could be prosecuted for exposing a minor to hazardous materials. Do you remember how to use plasti-guage?

/ Won't start after recharging battery #27  
I'm sure you did a fine job of making sure batteries were good by doing that,what were you checking out while moving the 69 Boss 429 to a different parking spot? ;)
Super Bee, Indy Pace Convertible, 64 T-Bird Convertible, 396 SS with stick, Fast Back Mustangs with Stick, Road Runner, Dart with 340 stick…

No 429 mustangs but had a Boss 302 and a 427 Chevrolet Station wagon…

All under 2k and exceptionally clean… people were trading for Pinto, Vega, Cricket, Datsun, Toyota, etc… no Honda yet!

/ Won't start after recharging battery #28  
ultrarunner, Oh man are you right - "If I'd had the money and storage space" what a collection you would've had!! I remember all of those cars and yes before the gas lines started they were everyday drivers. Wow, what a time that was!!

/ Won't start after recharging battery #29  
There was a Chevelle Red/Black stripes SS for sale for $1500. It was a deal. Dumping due to expensive 1.25 gas lol.

/ Won't start after recharging battery #30  
One of the worst cars ever was Chevrolet Vegas sold in the early 70s. Many Vega engines were beyond repair before car was paid off. Bad doesn't commence to describe it's reputation. I took interest in a Vega at an impound auction in mid 80s. I was on pins and needles as I watched to see if other buyers (mostly wrecking yards) took an interest and to my delight noone even took time to walk over to it,much less walk around or raise the hood. Cars averaged $300 to $500 in those auctions. Bidding opened $200 where,,,,,,no bid,do I hear $100? Still no bid. $50 diddle diddle,I got $50 do I hear $60? And my hand went up. 70 where 70 once 70 twice,sold $60 bidder xx. I never turned a tap on it and sold that Cosworth for over $3k a few months later. Had it been a Nova or Camero performance small block I would have kept it.