Wonder why there are so many Hp variants within a series

/ Wonder why there are so many Hp variants within a series #1  

Tractoraze

Tractor
John Deere 5036
Have been trying to wrap my head around the no. of variants these companies create within Row Crop tractors. Even within the same series, you will have 15 different horsepower models creating a range from 210 to 410. How does someone even decide whether to go for 210 or 230 Hp. At such a high base level of 200+ HP, does an additional 10-15 Hp variation matter much?

/ Wonder why there are so many Hp variants within a series #2  
For me with just a 2 series, I found the frame size I wanted and chose the highest HP in that size. I think there were only 3 HP options to choose from. My previous tractor was 30hp and I knew I could use more, so 40 was the logical choice for me. That's a fairly big difference at that level, not so much at the 200+hp level.

Last edited:
   / Wonder why there are so many Hp variants within a series #3  
For many day-to-day operations, especially on flatter terrains or with lighter implements, the difference between 210 HP and 240 HP might not be as pronounced. In such cases, the choice comes down to balancing the cost versus the potential for needing that extra power in the future. If your workload is consistently at the heavier end of the spectrum, investing in the higher HP model could save you time.