Winter Olympics

/ Winter Olympics #11  
Methinks the olympics are nothing but yet another way for a global organization to make money and build power...

IMO the sports (games) are a joke...many I would not even consider an actual sport...many are just physical art forms...

"Winter olympics"...give me a break!... the entire concept of world competition is ludicrous considering all the countries that never have snow or ice...

IMO, no type of team sports belong in the olympics, way too many variables to determine the "best in the world"...I like team sports I just don't think there is any actual way to determine the best with only round robin formats

IMO the "Olympics" should be just simple basic, single participant running, jumping, spear and rock chucking and swimming...

Golf in the olympics...a really bad joke with no punchline...

Now to get back to the topic...I kind of like watching curling...it's entertaining...I just don't see it as a worthy world competition...

/ Winter Olympics #12  
The fun is gone without the Russians there- like when the US boycotted the olympics one year. There is hype- that I can do without, and good athletic performances. I hate people winning- because they come from the country that buys the judges off!.

Where is US hockey?

/ Winter Olympics #13  
When will ski jumping be on the air?

I have always enjoyed seeing the "Agony of Defeat.":)

DefensiveShamefulEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

Steve

/ Winter Olympics #16  
Its been years since I've watched the winter olympics. Enjoyed the athletes - hated the judging & politics.

/ Winter Olympics #17  
The fun is gone without the Russians there- like when the US boycotted the olympics one year. There is hype- that I can do without, and good athletic performances. I hate people winning- because they come from the country that buys the judges off!.

Where is US hockey?

I think they start a few days from now. So no NHL players this year which is okay for me; I am watching the Bruins as I type. The US team is patched together with a few university players, a few AHL guys, some Americans from the KHL, and guys playing in Europe. Most of the very good college players played in the World Juniors and are not available for the Olympics - too bad too, they would make for an exciting team to watch.

+1 for the Biathlon

/ Winter Olympics #18  
Love the olympics. Watch it all except figure skating...well i actually watched a little the night before opening waiting for moguls qualifiers. Short track speed skating, slipestyle, all downhill skiing, 1/2 pipe, luge bobsled. Dont really care who wins, just love the competition!

/ Winter Olympics #19  
Want to loose a billion dollars? Host the olympics!

mark

/ Winter Olympics #20  
Now that Westminster is over with, we might give the Olympics a try. The Akita took second in Group, two years in a row. His name is Nick, and we've been talking to his owner about breeding him to our little girl, Kami when she is ready. The owner wants to, but we're are still holding off. As far as kids playing in the snow, it's not as interesting as seeing the best dogs in the country!!!!