win 10?

/ win 10? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
At work I saw the 'uograde to win 10' come up in my system tray on the 8.1 laptop..

Anyone gone there yet? I'm hesitent.. :)

/ win 10? #2  
You put in your email to be notified of the Win 10 release, which is July 29 of this year. Nothing to it. It just reserves you a free copy that you have up to a year to download and install.

Last edited:
   / win 10? #3  
I have not used Win 10 yet but will be before the summer is over. I suspect I can get an earlier release but I have not had time to do so.

Later,
Dan

/ win 10? #4  
I was told by my wife's uncle who is a network/database manager to wait on it. He has been running and part of their beta. He said that there will still be a lot of bugs and the longer you can hold off the better the product will be.
For me going from xp to 8.1 made me use my cell (android) more. I really dislike how unnecessarily bulky the program (8.1) is. To me I find it funny that a company that helped create the desktop boom will also cause its downfall. My phone is so much easier to use and I find myself lost in 8.1. I hope 10 cleans it up, makes it easier to use.

/ win 10?
Well I guess it wont hurt to at least deserve my free copy,beven if I wait to download it then. Thanks guys

/ win 10? #6  
Any changes they make after the release will be via updates...They have been testing this (Win 10) long enough...the last thing MSFT wants to do is issue a 10.1 because of a lack of testing...

Old hardware recognition is likely to be the majority of the issues (bugs)...IMO even if one waits a year it will be the same release only to be updated via their downloads/update applications...

/ win 10?
Too bad a dynamic update/ release couldn't be rolled out.. Too bad we dont have that technology... Oh wait.. We do, and have for the last few decades......

/ win 10? #8  
How long will it be before all the manufacturers put out new computers with Windows 10 installed to start with?

/ win 10? #9  
Probably will happen July 29. The manufacturers have access to it before John Q. Public.

/ win 10? #10  
I reserved it on this laptop. The question I have is why is it free? I don't trust free. That does not compute.