Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #951  
Part of the lax enforcement is the results with jury trails not convicting…

I’ve been in a jury where it was very difficult as 2 said no one should go to jail for stealing food because people have to do what people have to do…

The third strike law really had an impact but when it was weakened a 180 occurred and property crime means almost nothing and one juror said that’s what insurance is for…

Jury of your peers can be an issue.

/ Will UAW Strike? #952  
No way I could be a law enforcement officer! I have been watching a TV show On Patrol Live and I get pissed just listening to the idiots they have to deal with. I would beat someone to death on my first shift! I don’t get how they can keep their cool.

/ Will UAW Strike? #953  
No way I could be a law enforcement officer! I have been watching a TV show On Patrol Live and I get pissed just listening to the idiots they have to deal with. I would beat someone to death on my first shift! I don’t get how they can keep their cool.

I agree.

Sometimes I think back to how the nation was so unified after 9-11 and how it is currently. We used to honor our hero’s in police and fire departments.

It’s bizarre.

/ Will UAW Strike? #954  
I agree.

Sometimes I think back to how the nation was so unified after 9-11 and how it is currently. We used to honor our hero’s in police and fire departments.

It’s bizarre.
Exactly! My hat is off to them and thankful there is folks that will still do the job!

But watching that show has opened my eyes to the issues we face. This thread is a good example. People demanding more money by not working for less money makes no sense to me.

/ Will UAW Strike? #955  
Jury of your peers can be an issue.
This is the crux... too many have the mindset as long as you didn't kill someone to just let it go... it's only stuff... right?

My uncle died in the line of duty as a reserve officer and I had tested to join the Oakland Police department as did 12 of from my high school.

My oral interview did not go well... notes said I lack command presence and there were also a comment in does not consume alcohol.

Later one of my friends in the department said I should have said I don't drink except I might have a beer watching a game with my friends and it would have been a non issue...

He said being too honest can be a red flag as the interview team might think do we want a guy who doesn't enjoy a drink...

Too many times in my teen years I had to pick up a neighbor having had one too many at a bar and my family was close with another where drinking cost them everything... made an impression on me besides saving money not buying alcohol...

It's kind of ironic in that the 12 from high school that joined OPD are all retired and get more in retirement with lifetime medical than I earned for much of that time...

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #956  
My son is a K9 sgt and head of their drug task force (by choice 🤬) and he told me they were going under cover earlier this week. It's over now with an arrest but I told him to tell me after it's done, not before in the future, my stomach was in knots those two days.

/ Will UAW Strike? #957  
Seems like communities at large should be making a stand against the union demands and work stoppages. Whole communities have been substantially built by the employment opportunities around auto manufacture facilities and should continue for generations. But if greed beyond what companies offer to pay makes the employees shut down their manufacture, the manufacture will seriously consider relocating. Anyway I just find it interesting how communities and States come up with all kinds of incentives just to attract a manufacture, yet other States don't do more to keep their State attractive to manufactures they already have.

/ Will UAW Strike? #958  
My son is a K9 sgt and head of their drug task force (by choice 🤬) and he told me they were going under cover earlier this week. It's over now with an arrest but I told him to tell me after it's done, not before in the future, my stomach was in knots those two days.
I am glad he is safe! I hope he is appreciated by the community he serves!

/ Will UAW Strike? #959  
Seems like communities at large should be making a stand against the union demands and work stoppages. Whole communities have been substantially built by the employment opportunities around auto manufacture facilities and should continue for generations. But if greed beyond what companies offer to pay makes the employees shut down their manufacture, the manufacture will seriously consider relocating. Anyway I just find it interesting how communities and States come up with all kinds of incentives just to attract a manufacture, yet other States don't do more to keep their State attractive to manufactures they already have.
You miss the point (I don't mean you specifically)... segments of communities want evil manufacturing gone because it's toxic, dangerous, exploitive and just bad.

When lack of employment issue come up they vote for Universal Base Income and expanding Social Services...

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #960  
Been watching 'Friday's with Frank' on YT lately. Frank displays a lot of tact when dealing with violators he pulls over. His video's are always interesting. He's mostly a speed cop in Arizona and I find it amazing that motorists cannot obey the posted speed limits. Always in a big hurry to get nowhere.

Big thing up here (Michigan) is driving while texting or talking on a cell phone. I fond that interesting in as much as our vehicles have 'hands free' cell phone usage not that I do because when I'm driving. the cell phone is turned off anyway. Nothing that important far as I'm concerned.