Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #351  
Why do you think Ford is a special snowflake?

If Tesla lost billions in their first 17 years of making EVs why do you expect the diluted Ford gene pool 100 years later can still do what Henry Ford did 100 years ago?

Elon Musk is working from Henry Ford's original Play Book. Today Ford is not committed to Henry Ford's playbook.

In the middle of the 8th ending Ford has decided to follow the leadership of Elon Musk's playbook because they realize he is the reincarnated Henry Ford.

Ford was too deep in debt to participate in the EV Evolution. Now they are billions deeper in debt due KY/TN EV endeavors with low odds of benefiting because they have your EV mind set from the evidence that I can see.

Windows of opportunities open then close. Today even Elon Musk couldn't save Ford or GM I expect. I am not sure he is going to be able to save even X.

Um no, he’s not. Henry Ford didn’t work billion dollar deals to have much of his vehicle’s integral parts made in CHINA.
Don’t let yourself down worshipping billionaires profiting off the backs of slave labor in Africa and China.
EV’s are the end of the American auto industry. Everyone knows it, but nobody wants to admit it.

Let’s not forget the status of the “big 3”.

1. GM has been baled out to the tune of 25 billion about 15 years ago. They no longer produce large trucks, either.
2. Ford is losing billions on EV’s and has off shored vast amounts of production to Mexico. They are also out of the large truck market.
3. Chrysler is now foreign owned.

Heck I’ll even throw in International Harvester. They are now foreign owned.

Want more?

I see a patter of failure here that is unsustainable. Piling forced EV’s and irrational, overbearing regulations onto them will only accelerate that failure process.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #352  
Still not effecting us as a tier two to GM, Ford, and Stellantis.

/ Will UAW Strike? #353  
We need consumers, but we don't want or need more people..... I see a bit of a problem here......

At the rate people are coming into this country?

/ Will UAW Strike? #355  
States won't pay strike wages. Fain struck the parts and distributors so plants can't operate. Forcing plants to close. Then it's not strike wages and benefits, it's unemployment. Then the automakers are on the hook for paying for it along with states.

/ Will UAW Strike? #356  
If EV’s are so freaking awesome, why is Ford losing billions on EV’s?
Fords is and will keep on loosing money due mostly to legacy costs which the non union transplants from offshore don't have to deal with at all. Not just loosing on EV's, loosing on everything with wheels and so is GM. Stellantis, not so much because they keep reorganizing as 'other companies' and at the same time, they carefully shed their built in legacy costs discreetly.

/ Will UAW Strike? #357  
Like I said, we already had the Prius Prime. 650+ range. 300 doesn't cut it out here. Rav4 has more EV only than Prius. It doesn't have the ability to replace the Tundra. It would be instead of an Outback.
Supposedly Toyota is coming out with a hybrid that will go 100 miles on a charge. Probably 2-3 yrs out.

I have two EV's; one GM Bolt I used for local driving and now a Tesla Y which I can use for longer trips given the supercharging network.
I also live in East Texas.

/ Will UAW Strike? #358  
I stand corrected, having breakfast with my dad, retired UAW. He said that since they voted for the strike, it's a voluntary layoff and do not get unemployment. Atleast here in MI

/ Will UAW Strike? #359  
I stand corrected, having breakfast with my dad, retired UAW. He said that since they voted for the strike, it's a voluntary layoff and do not get unemployment. Atleast here in MI
That makes more financial sense. Thanks

/ Will UAW Strike? #360  
States won't pay strike wages. Fain struck the parts and distributors so plants can't operate. Forcing plants to close. Then it's not strike wages and benefits, it's unemployment. Then the automakers are on the hook for paying for it along with states.
100% correct, but then the government is broke so it must be 'funny money' right? Keep in mind that at least 75% of the T2-T3 suppliers are not unionized either so their employees are 100% at will employees.

Very quiet up here in Michigan, no one is publicly talking about anything, not even the local papers contain anything which I find interesting. It is like it's a bad dream and everyone wakes up and it's all good again. Got news for everyone, it ain't.

I believe Fain was counting on the Canadian Auto workers to strike as well and so far that has not happened so Fain lost that pillar of solidarity. Looks to me like they will accept the new contract that Fords has bargained for and I believe that is why he stated that Fords was negotiating in 'good faith' and has went after GM and Stellantis instead.

Don't matter much as the JIT supply chain is now broken and the flow of parts and sub assemblies from T2 and T3 suppliers will end and probably soon so the workers that are still on the job will get laid off anyway, especially if the strike continues for a protracted amount of time.

Everyone looses and I mean everyone except the offshore but located here automakers. I'm sure they are all smiling presently.