Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #211  
Don’t forget about former executives still on the payroll, like Sergio Marichone of stellantis, who died in 2018 and his estate is still getting $29,000,000 a year…..
Talk about a milk check..... :eek:

/ Will UAW Strike? #212  
1694902376576.png

/ Will UAW Strike? #214  
Anyway you slice it, it will be interesting and entertaining for those of us who aren't auto workers or in the UAW. Far as I'm concerned the union can go bye-bye. I did my stint in the Teamsters long ago and went to work at a non-union job and I'm grateful I did. I retired with an excellent pension. Being in the union when I was, left a bad taste in my mouth and I never missed paying union dues and getting basically nothing in return.
Always been my philosophy that unions protect the weak and shiftless workers.

/ Will UAW Strike? #215  
Alot of the union folks cant
Most cannot from what I see, least not very long. Once the bills come in like they do every month, gonna be a heartache tonight... Especially applies to auto workers, least the ones around here. They all have numerous toys, fancy homes and newer vehicles and I bet everything has due notes too.

Like I said previously, Fain is living in a glass house and that glass house is about to be shattered.

I guess he miscalculated what would happen by having selected locals strike. I knew the game plan at Fords a while ago thanks to my BIL.

Like I said, once you break the supply chain, the whole house of cards crumbles.

The issue is, right now, the economy is fragile and this may just rock the 'apple cart' enough to send us into a deep recession.

I wonder what happens when the UAW strike fund is depleted? Anyone care to venture a guess?

Looks like the well worn phrase about the UAW will apply soon... YOU AIN'T WORKING....

/ Will UAW Strike? #216  
Fain doesn't care if it crumbles. I'm sure the guy has 7 figures in his bank account.

My brother is very democratic leaning, but starting to see the light. He's 30 year UAW. He even said the guy is asking too much, fain wants a strike.

Alot of folks are gonna be hurting if this drags on, not just the unions

/ Will UAW Strike? #217  
Fain doesn't care if it crumbles. I'm sure the guy has 7 figures in his bank account.
Far as I'm concerned, Fain is just like the rest of the upper union management, sucking the graft and cares less about the little guy. Typical union mantra, one of the main reasons I divorced the Teamsters.

Trust me when I tell you that the automakers are gonna put a hurt on the UAW.

What I find interesting and it's also very true and that is, the automakers don't need the union, the union needs them instead. Look at the non union auto makers, none of them want union representation because they are paid a good wage, have good health and welfare and appreciate their jobs and don't need no stinking union to be successful. If I remember correctly, the UAW tried to organize (Toyota) I think and the employees said 'no thanks'.

/ Will UAW Strike? #218  
Non union Toyota plant was offering $5000 sign on bonus to non skilled production workers last year. $10-15k

Their hourly was LOW tho for electicans. Think it topped out around $35. I was making $50-60 in a factory working 4 days a week.

/ Will UAW Strike? #220  
………My brother is very democratic leaning, but starting to see the light. He's 30 year UAW. He even said the guy is asking too much, fain wants a strike…….

This is a great illustration of the core problem. He is top-tier guy with a guaranteed pension so he is comfortable. Meanwhile the new hire working next to him on the same job may have started out as a temp making $20 less per hour to do the same job at the exact same pace. That may have went on for 5 years before the temp was hired in as a direct hire, lower paid, second-tier employee that still makes $10 less per hour and has no hope for a pension. Even though he’s shown up faithfully for over 12,000 hours of work, he will never have it as good as the guys that just happened to be born a few years sooner.
This same guy may also have recently read the annual financial report that shows his current ceo is getting $25,000,000 this year, the former ceo Mike Manley is getting $56,200,000 this year even though he left 2 years ago, and the dead former ceo marchionee is getting $29,000,000 this year even though he’s been dead for five years..

The bottom tier guy is struggling to buy things to provide his kids a normal life, and the company that claims they can’t afford to pay him any more can afford to pay 3 ceos over $100,000,000 this year. And now the media and public are telling him he’s the problem because he’s asking for too much.

It’s a sad statement that we are so collectively quick to label hourly people that are making things in America as lazy and literally worth-less.