Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,031  
I don't know what the UAW's game plan is here...but they might just get their wish to crash the entire thing. They stopped the Ford Superduty plant, the Ram truck plant and now this...

The game plan is for UAW to get the best deal for their members. I just hope the UAW workers will have something to come back to.

/ Will UAW Strike?
#1,032  
My wife's grandpa was a long time LA bike cop. He retired and settled the family here in idaho, one of the most salt of the earth people I ever met. When my wife's dad took her mom on a first date and arrived late after the prescribed time, He opened the door didn't say a word and knocked out her to be father on the spot. He never brought her home late after that at least until they got hitched.

On the Strike sure seems like the union leader is faring better than the people standing out in the cold.

Look at 4:13 of the video, it shows Terrance Benning making $132,000 as a JANITOR.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,033  
Maybe he's the guy that "cleans up the messes", e.g. hides the bodies, throws bricks through windows, scares old ladies, makes scabs disappear, etc?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,034  
I don't know what the UAW's game plan is here...but they might just get their wish to crash the entire thing. They stopped the Ford Superduty plant, the Ram truck plant and now this...

The UAW understands the old 3 require large ICE sales profits to finance the transition to EVs. UAW knows EV factories reduces their membership head count. Now Ford and and GM have started to slow their EV transitioning efforts. With Tesla coming out with their Gen 2 $25K car by 2026 and China selling even cheaper EVs I is going to be hard on the old 3. Washington is committed to the EV move going forward but where they bring along the old remains to be seen. I expect the strike will guarantee them being bailed out in the end.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,036  
The UAW understands the old 3 require large ICE sales profits to finance the transition to EVs. UAW knows EV factories reduces their membership head count. Now Ford and and GM have started to slow their EV transitioning efforts. With Tesla coming out with their Gen 2 $25K car by 2026 and China selling even cheaper EVs I is going to be hard on the old 3. Washington is committed to the EV move going forward but where they bring along the old remains to be seen. I expect the strike will guarantee them being bailed out in the end.

I don't think it's hit you yet, but EV demand fell off a giant cliff. Even Tesla missed on both top and bottom line earnings, even with price cuts to increase volume.

The euphoria has left the market and reality is setting in about the true structural issues facings EV's. The Big three are all slashing EV budgets because the hype never materialized.

EV's are in dire straights right now, with the economy struggling amid high interest rates...circumstances and unintended consequences are one hell of a head wind. Self driving is great and all...but ambulance chaser attorneys are lining up for the class action lawsuits. It took individual liability from each driver and put it on Tesla.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,037  
I think the euphoria has left a lot of markets...

If I was thinking strike not sure I would say now is the best time...

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,038  
Plus there may be changes in ‘24. That’s got to be factored into the future decisions

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,039  
Several colleagues had planned to retire end of this year... most of their 403B through work is in bonds and all 3 have decided to keep working.

The usual factors as nest egg took a hit, high cost is supplemental insurance and overall higher costs...

Saw the same twice before... delayed retirements.

The hospital were I work has never had a strike... if nurses and staff can jump ship for a better deal they often do...

Some that left for more money came back... the longer commute a huge factor for many returning...

Getting a raise but adding 1 hour each way drive time can and does get old...

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,040  
No, My dad was in the Air force, This was my wife's father as a young man after completing his Marine service 1st dating my wife's mom. My Wife's mom's father was the retired LA bike cop that moved the family up here and was very protective of the daughters. I got to know him early on when I was in my teens mid 1970s and being best friends with my wife's brother and later in life when I married the grand daughter/ best friends sister almost 2 decades later. Later in life he suffered a few
strokes and at that point we took care of him until he passed.
Sorry not meaning to derail
back to the strike.

Can you provide a family tree with explanation? I'm still lost. 🤣