Wife came home with a new toy

/ Wife came home with a new toy #11  
The only all manual car I own doesn't have windows - But it does have open headers. :p

/ Wife came home with a new toy #12  
Plus he threw in the 2 side mount tool boxes. Don't need them but I'll take them
Will those mount on the side of a trailer? My GMC came with a bed-mount box when I bought it. It didn't really fit well so I took it out. Besides, it took up too much space. o_O

/ Wife came home with a new toy #13  
Congratulations! (y)

The thought of buying a new or newer truck has been in my mind. Especially since I've been spending time on my GMC tracking down an air bag light. I'm certain the problem is wiring. It's like chasing a cat. The codes keep changing. It all started when I hit a pothole last week. :rolleyes:
I know there are a lot of differences between GMC and VW but I had similar problem with our VW and it turned out to be a wheel speed sensor I purchased a code reader and it lead me right to it.

/ Wife came home with a new toy #14  
I know there are a lot of differences between GMC and VW but I had similar problem with our VW and it turned out to be a wheel speed sensor I purchased a code reader and it lead me right to it.
Thanks, but I have a reader and it's not the speed sensor. ;)

I found some taped wires under the driver's seat so I'm sure someone else was chasing this too. I haven't had a chance to look deeper.

A common problem with the GM vehicles is the front crash sensors. The bolt corrodes and splits the sensor but that's not it either.

/ Wife came home with a new toy
Clean looking truck. How many miles on it?
That's a moose guard on the front. lol
30k on everything under the hood, truck has 200k according to the odometer. Plenty of life left in her.

/ Wife came home with a new toy #16  
Been looking for a bigger truck for pulling things. Our current f150 has over 320k on the odometer and times running low on that truck.

We've been looking but hoping prices will come down. Test drove a 2008 f350 yesterday. Thing was clean and nice. It was an actual work truck. Manual windows and locks. I love it.

Wife made the call.

New 6.4l,turbo, heads, basically everything under the hood is new, including exaust all the way out back. Newer transmission . Was a north Dakota truck

View attachment 817973
That's where that truck went!

Came from your neck of the woods

/ Wife came home with a new toy #18  
Congrats on the new truck!

Be wary of the 6.4L engine... it has a horrible reputation.

/ Wife came home with a new toy #19  
Don't drive it hard. I had a f450 with same engine.

Yeah, the 6.4 wasn't on the top of my list, but trying to find a 7.3, 6.7 or even a 6.2 gasser in decent shape is impossible unless you have deep pockets.

The seller used it in his business and said he can't have breakdowns and he fixed most of the common 6.4 issues.

We will see